• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Support Publish to Facebook - Beta 2. Now with Pages!

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 7  of  18
Old Mar-19-2012, 05:49 PM
KentFrost is offline KentFrost
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSkaffari View Post
Hi Kent

Scott and I are from Smugmug. He asked for info that would help us determine what we might have to do differently to make this work for you. I just tested this with my own page ( http://www.facebook.com/Miikka.Skaffari.Photography ) and verified the same functionality as you described. When I publish pictures to my profile the tagging is available. We are investigating more.
Awesome! Sorry to be such a pain, but I've had literally hundreds of people in the past few days contacting me about this (just recently shot and posted a huge event, which is why this became apparent to me). I guess I never realized how valuable the tagging function really was until this happened.

Thanks again for the prompt response!

www.kentfrostphoto.com
Old Mar-20-2012, 04:38 PM
MomaZunk is offline MomaZunk
pro lurker
I am very interested in this issue(KentFrost) as well. I am in the middle of baseball season.

Website Blog
Facebook Twitter Google+
Old Mar-20-2012, 10:39 PM
racecarshots is offline racecarshots
Big grins
Came here because this was working ok this afternoon, now I lost the ability to share to facebook on mine at all. Fiddling with code this evening or did something break?
Old Mar-21-2012, 10:08 AM
JGilchrist is offline JGilchrist
Beginner grinner
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentFrost View Post
Awesome! Sorry to be such a pain, but I've had literally hundreds of people in the past few days contacting me about this (just recently shot and posted a huge event, which is why this became apparent to me). I guess I never realized how valuable the tagging function really was until this happened.

Thanks again for the prompt response!
I am also experiencing the exact same problem with the exact same characteristics. I have tested manual upload and tagging works, but when uploading via the SmugMug uploader only the page admins can tag. I work for a community theater and tagging photos by cast & crew has a huge impact on our ticket sales. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
Old Mar-25-2012, 07:15 PM
Photobot3000 is offline Photobot3000
Party Machine
Same issue - albums are not taggable
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGilchrist View Post
I am also experiencing the exact same problem with the exact same characteristics. I have tested manual upload and tagging works, but when uploading via the SmugMug uploader only the page admins can tag. I work for a community theater and tagging photos by cast & crew has a huge impact on our ticket sales. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
We're experiencing the exact same issue - any galleries published via this plugin are not taggable despite all facebook settings being set correctly. This started around a week or two ago and we've been hammered with complaints about it.

I've attempted to contact Facebook support numerous times but no one has ever gotten back to me.
I'm happy to provide any information necessary in order to get this resolved. This functionality is essential to our business.

www.facebook.com/photobot3000
Old Mar-26-2012, 12:16 PM
MomaZunk is offline MomaZunk
pro lurker
Any updates?

Website Blog
Facebook Twitter Google+
Old Mar-26-2012, 10:22 PM
SamirD is offline SamirD
Huntsville Car Scene.com
I've been retained by an event to develop a fb page for their event since I create a majority of the content for such a site. I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is the tagging issue figured out yet, or are we still in the diagnosis phase?
  2. When will a 'you are not the owner of this album' message occur?
  3. What is the authentication method between SM and FB? Ie, are they linking based on email address, individual logins via oauth, what exactly?
  4. Will this tool work for a fb business account that is the page admin?
  5. Does this tool require that the email address of the fb page admin be the same as the SM one?
Thank you in advance for the answers.
Old Mar-27-2012, 08:41 PM
fauxtoe is offline fauxtoe
paintographics rock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSkaffari View Post
Hi Kent

Scott and I are from Smugmug. He asked for info that would help us determine what we might have to do differently to make this work for you. I just tested this with my own page ( http://www.facebook.com/Miikka.Skaffari.Photography ) and verified the same functionality as you described. When I publish pictures to my profile the tagging is available. We are investigating more.

Hey DGrinners....and Hero's - Wanted to add, since this is in Beta at this point - I have had the same complication when having other FB Users tag photos. I have tested from 2 different personal FB accounts to verify this was not a FB setting. I have attached a screenshot of my business page and I have selected tags to be available. I can tag photos on my business page when logged in as my personal account.

Look forward to an update with fixes. In addition, fixes for being logged in to my business page and sharing via Smug Mug to Facebook.

Thanks for reading - Hope everyone is well.
~Brandi Fitzgerald, Fauxtoe.
Attached Images

Old Mar-28-2012, 07:05 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by racecarshots View Post
Came here because this was working ok this afternoon, now I lost the ability to share to facebook on mine at all. Fiddling with code this evening or did something break?
I've noticed this as well, but if you go to smugmug.com/darkroom (or [yourdomain].com/darkroom if you have it set up that way), simply re-click the "Join" button.
I've been having to do this every time I post a new gallery. Is that a cookies setting, perhaps?

www.kentfrostphoto.com
Old Mar-29-2012, 06:05 AM
Party Machine
Any updates? Does this work yet?
(The "Publish to Facebook" option is still there for me and never went away)
Old Mar-29-2012, 09:23 AM
MSkaffari is offline MSkaffari
SmugMug Product Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentFrost View Post
I've noticed this as well, but if you go to smugmug.com/darkroom (or [yourdomain].com/darkroom if you have it set up that way), simply re-click the "Join" button.
I've been having to do this every time I post a new gallery. Is that a cookies setting, perhaps?
Yes, this is cookied option until we iron out the last issues with Facebook Publishing
Old Mar-29-2012, 09:29 AM
MSkaffari is offline MSkaffari
SmugMug Product Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtoe View Post
Hey DGrinners....and Hero's - Wanted to add, since this is in Beta at this point - I have had the same complication when having other FB Users tag photos. I have tested from 2 different personal FB accounts to verify this was not a FB setting. I have attached a screenshot of my business page and I have selected tags to be available. I can tag photos on my business page when logged in as my personal account.

Look forward to an update with fixes. In addition, fixes for being logged in to my business page and sharing via Smug Mug to Facebook.

Thanks for reading - Hope everyone is well.
~Brandi Fitzgerald, Fauxtoe.
We are working with Facebook on the tagging issue. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing
Old Mar-30-2012, 07:41 AM
jhofker is offline jhofker
Smug8 Developer
Trying to publish a few photos from a gallery to FB right now and I'm getting "Uh Oh! We've encountered an error, if the error persists, please contact support." IE10 and Firefox 11 are giving the same error. (I'll contact support if you'd prefer :-) )
Old Apr-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Smug8 Developer
Also, I'd love to send even larger photos to Facebook via this tool (since they can, apparently, handle them now). Any plans there?
Old Apr-03-2012, 08:05 AM
Party Machine
This tagging problem is killing me. I had no idea how reliant my business was on this plug-in until it stopped working properly.

Please solve this soon!
Old Apr-17-2012, 06:50 AM
Smug8 Developer
Support helped me get my issue solved. Default posting permissions for the SmugMug app in FB needs to be "public", I guess.
Old Apr-17-2012, 06:53 AM
fauxtoe is offline fauxtoe
paintographics rock.
biz vs personal
I do not have this problem with uploading from SmugMug to a personal FB album. This is only an issue when uploading to my biz page. There is no accesibility to change app settings from inside a 'page'. sigh.
Keep the info coming! Hoping for a resolve soon! :)
Old Apr-17-2012, 08:57 AM
SamirD is offline SamirD
Huntsville Car Scene.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamirD View Post
I've been retained by an event to develop a fb page for their event since I create a majority of the content for such a site. I have a couple of questions:
  1. Is the tagging issue figured out yet, or are we still in the diagnosis phase?
  2. When will a 'you are not the owner of this album' message occur?
  3. What is the authentication method between SM and FB? Ie, are they linking based on email address, individual logins via oauth, what exactly?
  4. Will this tool work for a fb business account that is the page admin?
  5. Does this tool require that the email address of the fb page admin be the same as the SM one?
Thank you in advance for the answers.
Bump for answers.
Old Apr-17-2012, 09:49 AM
jamierat is offline jamierat
Big grins
I Don't see Smugmug listed as one of my apps...
Old Apr-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Big grins
Are there any updates on the tagging issue? I've been having to upload a graphic to appear after every so many photos in a Facebook gallery to remind people about the info on print purchasing on my SmugMug page, as this is the only way I can make that info known. The ability to have SmugMug purchasing links in the captions of my FB pics is extremely invaluable and I can't use it until this is fixed.

www.kentfrostphoto.com
Page 7  of  18
Tell The World!  
Tags
facebook , gallery , publish