• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support Legacy SmugMug Customization Matching width of images beneath JFriend slideshow...

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Mar-27-2012, 03:44 AM
zeligsmith is offline zeligsmith OP
Big grins
Matching width of images beneath JFriend slideshow...
Hello,

Presently, on my homepage (www.jlspics.com) am using the JFriend Slideshow. (So far, so good.) Beneath it, would like to include one or more jpegs which would match the width of the slideshow.

However, when I add a jpeg (which is the same size as those used in the slideshow), it displays smaller.

Could you tell me which code (where and how) needs to be modified so that I might not have this problem.

Appreciative of you help,
Z
Old Mar-27-2012, 04:39 AM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeligsmith View Post
Hello,

Presently, on my homepage (www.jlspics.com) am using the JFriend Slideshow. (So far, so good.) Beneath it, would like to include one or more jpegs which would match the width of the slideshow.

However, when I add a jpeg (which is the same size as those used in the slideshow), it displays smaller.

Could you tell me which code (where and how) needs to be modified so that I might not have this problem.

Appreciative of you help,
Z
I don't see any images under the slideshow to see what you are referring to? Perhaps add an example?
Customization FAQ Banner/Navbar/Slideshow Tutor
Old Mar-27-2012, 04:54 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I don't see any images under the slideshow to see what you are referring to? Perhaps add an example?
The text blocks are jpegs.

But I've temporarily added one of the jpegs from the slideshow to the bottom of the page.

Last edited by zeligsmith; Mar-27-2012 at 05:28 AM.
Old Mar-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Smug Eric is offline Smug Eric
Smug Hero
It looks like the images are loading at 800px wide, but there is lots of blank space on each side of them, well on the left side certainly, for all the images. And the right side as well for the images without your signature. So you may want to rework those files to use the full width of the 800 px you are selecting.
Old Mar-28-2012, 01:44 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smug Eric View Post
It looks like the images are loading at 800px wide, but there is lots of blank space on each side of them, well on the left side certainly, for all the images. And the right side as well for the images without your signature. So you may want to rework those files to use the full width of the 800 px you are selecting.
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the reply.

The problem is that jpegs formatted to match the width of the slideshow are displayed at a reduced size. Could it be that a line of code within the page's CSS section is causing this?

The image at the bottom of the page is a jpeg from the slideshow. Notice how much smaller it displays.

Z
Old Mar-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Smug Eric is offline Smug Eric
Smug Hero
The image is loading at 800px wide, your slideshow is 750px wide

Old Mar-29-2012, 05:09 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smug Eric View Post
The image is loading at 800px wide, your slideshow is 750px wide

I see. Thanks.

How can I modify those settings?

Z
Old Mar-29-2012, 05:11 AM
Allen is offline Allen
"tweak 'til it squeaks"
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeligsmith View Post
I see. Thanks.

How can I modify those settings?

Z
I would think the first thing to do is crop off all the right/left blank area for each image.
Customization FAQ Banner/Navbar/Slideshow Tutor
Old Mar-29-2012, 05:19 AM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
I would think the first thing to do is crop off all the right/left blank area for each image.
Hi Allen,

I guess I'm not being clear. I don't want to change the current layout. The problem is this: when I add new jpegs which are exactly the same size as those in the slideshow, they display 20% smaller than do jpegs within the slideshow.

So, the question is: where in the (rat's nest of) code for my page, can I correct for this discrepancy?

Thanks,
Z
Tell The World!