• Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Gear Cameras Help me please wireless Nikon shooters

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar-15-2012, 07:12 PM
Agnieszka is offline Agnieszka OP
Photoshopping ...
Help me please wireless Nikon shooters
Please somebody help me before I shoot myself! Call me stupid (that's how desperate I am!) ... I just can't seem to figure out why my wireless isn't working (been a natural light / on camera flash girl for ... well ... forever .... I *really* want to make the switch, but the flash God is just not on my side)

Here's what I have:
  • Nikon D3
  • 1 x SB-900
+
  • 1 x SU-800
and
  • 1 x PowerSync16 receiver / transmitter
I can not get my flash working in either cases (SU-800 nor the PowerSync). The flash works great on camera and with a cord, but whenever I try to go wireless it won't (not even the test buttons get it to work).

PLEASE tell me, what am I doing wrong?? Is it in my settings? Is it my (by now very) bitchy aura??

1. PowerSync16:
  • they are both on the same frequency
  • the batteries are working and both devices are on

SU-800:
  • I believe the SB-900 should work with the SU-800 (without a receiver, right???)

Tell The World!