• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Support SmugMug Support Publish to Facebook - Beta 2. Now with Pages!

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

They're back! Our latest series of Dgrin Challenges, the OOYCZ Challenges (Out of Your Comfort Zone), is a series of challenges to help you improve your photography by stepping out of your comfort zone and trying something new. Our challenge leader says "Consider it like a photography class with no diplomas.". Get started with OOYCZ by reading the Challenge Guide.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Page 6  of  18
Old Dec-27-2011, 01:10 AM
kindakaa is offline kindakaa
Beginner grinner
When I publish - names of several Smugmug galleries in the Cyrillic are cut or incorrect codepage.
Old Dec-27-2011, 01:13 AM
J Allen is offline J Allen
Major grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforest1155 View Post
Hi Joe,
Did you try clearing your cookies as well?
If that doesn't do the trick, you might have to remove the SmugMug app from Facebook and add it again. You should be able to do so here:
http://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=applications

I got it working..cleared cache, cookies and flushed dns.... Thanks
Old Jan-03-2012, 10:33 AM
MSkaffari is offline MSkaffari
SmugMug Product Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindakaa View Post
When I publish - names of several Smugmug galleries in the Cyrillic are cut or incorrect codepage.
Could I get links to some of the galleries? We'll take a look.
Old Feb-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Art Minds is offline Art Minds
Surf & Sport Photography
Facebook image is darker than SmugMug
Two problems noted with uploading to Facebook page

1. Images on Facebook are much darker than those displayed on SmugMug, as if the color profile has been changed or omitted. I uploaded images that had full size images in SmugVault, as well as those that don't.

2. Also seeing a resizing effect in the SmugMug gallery after uploading an images. Uploaded an image from an "event" gallery that is unlisted. I had previously turned on the beta feature for the new SmugMug default layout, then turned on the "Publish to Facebook" feature, then turned off the SmugMug default layout feature (in that order). After publishing one image from this gallery to a Facebook page, with the Image size set to "Large" in the gallery settings, horizontal photos continue to display at the same size, but vertical photos are now displaying super-large, with the width set to the same width that a horizontal photo was set, making the vertical height proportionally very large. Did not see this affect in any other unlisted event gallery, nor did I see this in a public gallery where I uploaded vertical images. But the public gallery had no horizontal images.

Last edited by Art Minds; Feb-06-2012 at 02:37 PM. Reason: added important information
Old Feb-08-2012, 09:24 AM
mattdan12 is offline mattdan12
Big grins
Why has my "Publish to Facebook" option disappeared? I've used this feature to publish to my Facebook Photography page but now it's gone. I thought maybe it was something to do with my new galleries that I've created today, but the feature is gone from previous galleries which I've already published to my Facebook page.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Old Feb-08-2012, 04:38 PM
SmugMug Product Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattdan12 View Post
Why has my "Publish to Facebook" option disappeared? I've used this feature to publish to my Facebook Photography page but now it's gone. I thought maybe it was something to do with my new galleries that I've created today, but the feature is gone from previous galleries which I've already published to my Facebook page.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Check that you have signed up for the beta under /darkroom. The beta signup system is cookie based so you'll have to do this on each browser you use.
Old Feb-19-2012, 07:15 AM
jasonscottphoto is offline jasonscottphoto
(I'm not Jason...)
Having trouble with Publish to Facebook today. Tried on Chrome on both my mac and my PC. I double checked smugmug.com/darkroom and our url/darkroom to make sure the cookie was still there (it is) but when I select "Publish to Facebook" under the "Share" menu it says "Your session has expired. Please login again." When I login again, it just keeps doing the same thing over and over.
Old Feb-19-2012, 08:02 AM
(I'm not Jason...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by affdigphotos View Post
Having trouble with Publish to Facebook today. Tried on Chrome on both my mac and my PC. I double checked smugmug.com/darkroom and our url/darkroom to make sure the cookie was still there (it is) but when I select "Publish to Facebook" under the "Share" menu it says "Your session has expired. Please login again." When I login again, it just keeps doing the same thing over and over.
BTW, clearing cookies and then re-enabling darkroom features doesn't work either.
Old Feb-20-2012, 04:01 AM
rainforest1155 is offline rainforest1155
with a Heroes touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by affdigphotos View Post
BTW, clearing cookies and then re-enabling darkroom features doesn't work either.
Try removing the SmugMug from your Facebook apps:

and then try again.

look on the bright side
http://www.SebastianHosche.com
Old Feb-20-2012, 08:01 AM
(I'm not Jason...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforest1155 View Post
Try removing the SmugMug from your Facebook apps:

and then try again.
I was able to get it to work using IE on the PC. So it is not an issue w/facebook...
Old Feb-20-2012, 10:52 AM
tandrews is offline tandrews
T. Andrews
Doesn't work for me either
It has disappeared for me too. I've removed SmugMug from facebook, cleared cookies, cleared cache, left and rejoined the feature in smugmug.com/darkroom... someone help me. I love this feature and use it all the time.
Old Feb-20-2012, 11:02 AM
tandrews is offline tandrews
T. Andrews
Got it figured out now!!! I had to rejoin using my custom domain... www.tandrewsphoto.com/darkroom

Hope this helps others too!!
Old Feb-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Robertk is offline Robertk
Major grins
Im not seeing the option to publish the gallery after I hit share. Any advice?
Old Feb-29-2012, 09:48 AM
SmugMug Product Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertk View Post
Im not seeing the option to publish the gallery after I hit share. Any advice?
You can find the feature under "Owner share", not Facebook "Share" button. Remember that you have to opt-in for the feature.
Old Mar-07-2012, 11:22 AM
RyanS is offline RyanS
Always Learning
I got this working with no pain at all. Using Opera on Linux as my web browser. I really enjoy this functionality and I expect to use it a lot. Most of my "fans" are on Facebook, so it is a major win.

I skimmed through the thread and didn't see anyone mention this. Can there be an option for placing the link to the picture below the picture rather than on top of it?
Old Mar-18-2012, 08:46 AM
KentFrost is offline KentFrost
Big grins
I believe I've discovered a bug with this plugin, as I have searched every page of this thread and the previous thread that is locked and have found no mention of this issue I'm having.

I do party and event photography, and the people attending love tagging photos of their friends when all the images are posted. Over the past couple of months, I've been receiving complaints from fans that the tagging ability is gone. I have looked at all the settings Facebook has to offer for tagging, and everything is set properly to allow people to do it. Yet, no dice. No one but the administrators of the page have the ability. I was a little skeptical about it being SmugMug since it would seem to me that it would be a Facebook issue. I just tested this theory, however, by publishing a photo from one of my SmugMug albums to an already-existing album on Facebook that I uploaded manually, not via SmugMug. All the photos already in the album were taggable, but the newly published photo from SmugMug in that album was not.

Is this a known issue? If so, is there a fix? I don't want to give up the "Buy This Photo" link on each image, but the ability to tag photos has drawn an incredible number of eyes to my page, and I think I'm less willing to give that up. People have been resorting to tagging people in the comments, but it doesn't seem to be cutting it. I've considered just going back to uploading the photos myself and creating a graphic that I can place at the beginning of the album that points to the SmugMug album link. I would rather not do this, as it is not nearly as effective.

www.kentfrostphoto.com
Old Mar-19-2012, 10:10 AM
scotticus is offline scotticus OP
Major grins
KentFrost, I think this is for a page correct? If so, can you go into the settings for that page, and then check under 'Manage Permissions' and make sure that the box is checked for 'People can add tags to photos by ...'

The screen looks like this:
https://img.skitch.com/20120319-gj1j...68w7t5g29e.jpg
Old Mar-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Big grins
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotticus View Post
KentFrost, I think this is for a page correct? If so, can you go into the settings for that page, and then check under 'Manage Permissions' and make sure that the box is checked for 'People can add tags to photos by ...'

The screen looks like this:
https://img.skitch.com/20120319-gj1j...68w7t5g29e.jpg
I appreciate your comment, but as I said, all settings in Facebook for tagging photos on my page are set to allow them.

THIS IS NOT A FACEBOOK ISSUE.

It is a SmugMug issue, and one that I DESPERATELY need fixed.
Please read my comment again and you will see that I said I tested this out and only the images being imported from SmugMug are untaggable. All images manually uploaded to Facebook are fine, but then I lose my "Buy This Print" link that SmugMug provides. And when I upload 200 images to a gallery, it is impractical to edit each image and add the link manually.

Again, I will clarify:

All images imported to Facebook via SmugMug are NOT taggable by anyone but the page admins, no matter that setting you pointed out. I need them to be taggable by anyone.

www.kentfrostphoto.com

Last edited by KentFrost; Mar-19-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old Mar-19-2012, 03:02 PM
Big grins
Is there anyone who can help me with this? It's pretty ridiculous to me that no one has noticed this yet.

Is there a way I can just contact SmugMug directly? I know I just posted this yesterday, but that's when I need this fixed. This isn't happening fast enough.

www.kentfrostphoto.com
Old Mar-19-2012, 03:32 PM
SmugMug Product Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by KentFrost View Post
Is there anyone who can help me with this? It's pretty ridiculous to me that no one has noticed this yet.

Is there a way I can just contact SmugMug directly? I know I just posted this yesterday, but that's when I need this fixed. This isn't happening fast enough.
Hi Kent

Scott and I are from Smugmug. He asked for info that would help us determine what we might have to do differently to make this work for you. I just tested this with my own page ( http://www.facebook.com/Miikka.Skaffari.Photography ) and verified the same functionality as you described. When I publish pictures to my profile the tagging is available. We are investigating more.
Page 6  of  18
Tell The World!  
Tags
facebook , gallery , publish