• Gear
  • Shots
  • Photo Craft
  • Video
  • Wide Angle
  • Support
  • New Stuff
  • More
Wide Angle Location, Location, Location! If you could go anywhere you want for 2 weeks...

Need some help with your New SmugMug Site?

Dgrin Challenges

Our Challenges moderator has lined up an new set of challenges for you. The Weekly Word Challenge. Get all the details and participate in the conversation Weekly Word Challenge.

Past DSS Challenge Winners, DSS Challenge Rules, and other important DSS Challenge information is here.

Looking for a little challenge? The Dgrin Mini-Challenges are a great way to challenge yourself. Take a moment to look through past winners and find the current Mini Challenge here.

From Around the Net

Enjoy a few of our favorite articles from around the 'net. If you have something you think we should see, post it here and we'll have a look.

Journeys

Landscapes

Sports

Old Jun-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Molsondog is offline Molsondog OP
Fetch!
If you could go anywhere you want for 2 weeks...
I saw this thread on another forum and though it was a great subject. If this has been posted here in the past then ignore it.

If you could go anywhere for two weeks to photograph until you burst, where would you go? This assumes that funds and time are not an issue.

Extra credit: Add your preferred mode of transportation.

Last edited by Molsondog; Mar-25-2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old Jun-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Art Scott is offline Art Scott
Have PASSPORT will TRAVEL
Czech Republic - based out of Karlstejn ( I'd live in that castle if I could) ......hostels out side Prag are normally a lot less expensive....mode of transport - rented MC......2 weeks would only allow me to get started getting the images I want from that country...once i return I may never come back until they fly my ashes back to Ks........

A ZENFOLIO 10% Discount Coupon CODE - A8K-Q2K-VPG
Old Jun-03-2011, 09:57 PM
silversx80 is offline silversx80
I like noise
I'd stay state-side and take a trip by train around the circumference of the CONUS; starting, and ending, in NYC. I'd go along the northern-border states until WA where my wife and I took our honeymoon to the San Juan islands (maybe we could see some whales this time). From there, down Oregon and CA. Across NV, AZ, a quick trip to UT (gotta get breakfast at the Jailhouse Cafe again), over to CO for a quick stay in Durango (I may retire there in 20-30 years). Durango, to Manitou Springs to see the cliff dwellings again, then down to Santa Fe, and Albuquerque to reminisce about my days in the USAF. From ABQ, across TX to be dropped off in San Antonio so I can get a drink at a bar on the river walk where I was kicked out of after having one-too-many and breaking a glass. TX to LA for a stop in the French Quarter of New Orleans and a stop at Caffe Du Monde. Up the East Coast to stop a few places that I haven't had the chance to yet see, until final arrival in NYC.

I love trains, and have yet to ride on one.
Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
Old Jun-04-2011, 09:16 PM
rpcrowe is offline rpcrowe
RPCROWE
China or Turkey
China's Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo - the last time I was in that beautiful area, the weather did not cooperative.

OR

Istanbul - I have never been there but it is definitely on my bucketlist!
Old Jun-04-2011, 10:23 PM
BradfordBenn is offline BradfordBenn
Constantly Amazed
I would like to do a motorcycle tour of the US and Canada, mainly the Rockies and Pacific Northwest (of the US). I have had the chance to do some riding and much more basic shooting than I am doing now when there was a motorcycle rally in Spokane Washington I took the month of July to meander to and from with friends. It was a fun time and I got lots of nice pics but not enough time to stop and compose images.

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
Old Jun-05-2011, 10:24 AM
basflt is online now basflt
Major grins
Belgium Ardennes and Luxembourg

on my FLT
Old Jun-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Richard is offline Richard
Mildly bemused
Bali.
Old Jun-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Mr Eddy is offline Mr Eddy
Big grins
Iceland. Especially after seeing some of the photos here recently.

My Gear
Find me on Google+
Old Jun-06-2011, 09:49 AM
crow is offline crow
Big grins
Island hop the Caribbean via seaplane.
Driving tour of the Mexican Riviera (probably not too safe right now)
Driving tour of Cuba
Old Jun-07-2011, 06:24 AM
captain78
Sail boat in the Caribbean.
Old Feb-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Lornce is offline Lornce
Learning To See
I'd like to return to Nepal and spend two weeks trekking around the Annapurna range. This time with digital gear.

Old Feb-21-2012, 12:30 AM
David_S85 is offline David_S85
Spotter of DGrin Forum Oddities & Spam
+1 vote for Iceland.
Old Feb-21-2012, 04:57 AM
Bend The Light is offline Bend The Light
Bend The Light
A choice of 2, I think. I'd ;ove to go to the east - china, korea, cambodia, nepal...that sort of area. Using traditional transport.

Alternatively, put my truck licence to good use and drive a peterbuilt truck around the USA, and live in the trailer. ;)
Old Feb-24-2012, 08:15 PM
novicesnapper is offline novicesnapper
Major grins
I would opt for shooting all five days of competitions at Rio Carnivol. I think that would be incredible.
Old Feb-25-2012, 08:09 AM
Harryb is offline Harryb
old and lazy
The Maasai Mara in Kenya
Old May-03-2012, 07:29 PM
RStrick is offline RStrick
Beginner grinner
Paris, France on a motorcycle.
Old May-11-2012, 11:58 AM
FarnsworthPhotography is offline FarnsworthPhotography
Major grins
I'd travel through Spain.
Old May-11-2012, 02:58 PM
Adamideas is offline Adamideas
Big grins
I would go to the international space station!

-Adam
Tell The World!