Options

Family Portrait

MCjoynerMCjoyner Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited October 7, 2010 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello:wave ,

I am new here on Digital Grin.

I am also an amateur photographer, tyring to start a small Photography business as my fun job with my "busy life" ("busy life" is a lot of story to tell :rolleyes).

I would like to hear your suggestion on Photo Pricing on Family Portrait.

Lots of family here in our area are asking me to do the Photo shoot for their family portrait. I have two weddings line up for next year and my price is $600 (images on disc & editing/retouching). This price does not include print images. They agree with my pricing.

Now, my question is how much you normally charge for Family portrait? This includes: solo and grouping. I actually take lots of photos of each family and choose the best to give them.

I just want to be fair on pricing especially I am new on our area. I do not want others to say I am overpricing.

Please I need your fair advice on pricing:

This is what I do: I go to their place with my Photography Equipment include: my muslin backdrop and of course my camera and other props. I do not have a studio but I go places to places.

Would you please just give me some pricing that I can really charge my clients for a fair price and for time being until I figure it out. I just do not want to do overpricing.

Wedding: $600
Family Portrait (solo & group): $50? $70? $80? $100? per session(session of 1 hour)? Is this cheap? What is the best?

Thank you. I appreciate your response on this.

God bless...