Options

photography software

tatetate Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
edited August 4, 2010 in Finishing School
Hello! I was wondering if any of you have heard of a software package called portrait professional? I have elements 6 and to be honest, it takes me forever to edit photos. I tried the trial with portrait professional and it was amazing the results....and how quickly they were obtained! Because it was a trial, I was unable to print out a photo to see what it looked like. My question to whomever used this, when the photos print out do they look "real" . ALso can anyone suggest a program that is easy to use that helps edit photos? I am trying to specialize in infant & children portraiture ...
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    tate wrote: »
    ALso can anyone suggest a program that is easy to use that helps edit photos? I am trying to specialize in infant & children portraiture ...
    Thanks!

Adobe Lightroom3. I think many folks have mostly have what they want Straight out of the camera. Using a program like Lightroom is a God-Send to many of us. You can make batch adjustments of the finest details, such as only crop...or only brightness or only White balance..etc or batch adjustments of large amounts of settings. Also there are myriad presets that can be found and had for free, added to the LR3 presets folder and when used instantly change an image to some mild or wildly different look.

Working in Photoshop whether elements or Full version, is typically used to do detailed work, and consumes much time, especially compared to LR2/3.

Free trials ( 30 days) can be found at Adobe. Sign up and try it!
    tom wise
  • Options
    tatetate Registered Users Posts: 66 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    angevin1 wrote: »
    Adobe Lightroom3. I think many folks have mostly have what they want Straight out of the camera. Using a program like Lightroom is a God-Send to many of us. You can make batch adjustments of the finest details, such as only crop...or only brightness or only White balance..etc or batch adjustments of large amounts of settings. Also there are myriad presets that can be found and had for free, added to the LR3 presets folder and when used instantly change an image to some mild or wildly different look.

Working in Photoshop whether elements or Full version, is typically used to do detailed work, and consumes much time, especially compared to LR2/3.

Free trials ( 30 days) can be found at Adobe. Sign up and try it!

Thank-you! I will try the lightroom trial. I am just trying to start out and with 3 small children, its hard to find the time to do all this editing! Even with a book telling me step by step, some things dont come out the way they should! ha That Program professional portrait was amazing, so am considering that...and very very simple to use! The only thing that I didnt like about the PP was that it seems to just concentrate on the faces, not the rest of the body nor backgrounds.
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2010
    If time is a problem for you...bump your pricing a bit and try the folks at HappyFish.com for editing your raw files....their pricing is really good.....
    approx $ .50 per file from 0 - 200 and then price drops.........I am waiting on my first set of files to come back.to transfer to them I use FileZilla......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    tate wrote: »
    That Program professional portrait was amazing, so am considering that...and very very simple to use! The only thing that I didnt like about the PP was that it seems to just concentrate on the faces, not the rest of the body nor backgrounds.

And that is why you'll often hear or read that getting the look you want in-camera is the best way to go to BEGIN with. Then adding an effect really takes off! Whichever you choose for any given task, concentrate on the set and setting, that will serve you best.

Enjoy!
    tom wise