Options

Help!! I need a name change!

Carmendee06Carmendee06 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited August 4, 2010 in The Big Picture
Hi!

My name is Carmen, I have been taking pictures as a freelance photographer for about 4 years now. I take anything from family , weddings,senior and local events. About 1 1/2 ago I began posting my work on the Internet using the name OneLove Photography. I wasn't aware that others were using it also & that raisin canes use it in the slogans. I would like to use a more original name. The only thing I don't want to do is use my last name. Not only am I 3 months from getting married but I also believe that "life happened" and heaven forebid I may not have my fiances last name later down the road. I would like something fun and catchy! I've been brainstorming for the longest time now and can't think of anything:( I would really appreciate if you could give me some ideas! Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• Options
    imagesofhimimagesofhim Registered Users Posts: 527 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2010
    Hi!

My name is Carmen, I have been taking pictures as a freelance photographer for about 4 years now. I take anything from family , weddings,senior and local events. About 1 1/2 ago I began posting my work on the Internet using the name OneLove Photography. I wasn't aware that others were using it also & that raisin canes use it in the slogans. I would like to use a more original name. The only thing I don't want to do is use my last name. Not only am I 3 months from getting married but I also believe that "life happened" and heaven forebid I may not have my fiances last name later down the road. I would like something fun and catchy! I've been brainstorming for the longest time now and can't think of anything:( I would really appreciate if you could give me some ideas! Thanks a bunch!

Assuming you don't plan on changing your first name... these might be "catchy" (but not really professional):

Carmen's Captures (domain name is available)
    Images by Carmen (domain name is available)
    Captured by Carmen (domain name is UNAVAILABLE)
    Blessings,
    Marjohn

Images of Him Photography
  • Options
    iCandiiCandi Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    I second Captured by Carmen. Very cute. thumb.gif

i.Candi by Mandi Photgraphy
    Seymour, IN
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2010
    Hi!

In the world of Art....and I mean Art as in paintings, photography, opera, rock and roll and so on.....not as in the world of art: ie ME :Drolleyes1.gif ......Artist very commonly use their birth last name for all things business......if you use your last name that makes the business yours...has no connections to your future husband....it is one way to keep personal life and business life separate.......talk to a business lawyer there may be greater advantages also................but if you go with above suggestions or mine or someone elses ...do a will that spells out what happens to the business just incase...........better to be safe than sorry.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website