Options

Sports team and individual pics

yoursdesignyoursdesign Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited May 11, 2010 in Sports
Hello,

This is the first time i am posting on here. I have been doing photography for 13 years and only used 35mm. So i am new to the digital world. I have a fugifilm 3Spro SLR.

I will be shooting my first Soccer team tomorrow as per the forecast it says its going to be cloudy. I am wondering what i should do about the lighting. i got the flash that is attached to the camera, tripod and the camera and thats all. So any suggestions on what i can do about the lighting. As for the posing i have no problem with that. I am just a little nervous about the lighting. I have taking pictures of my girls when i first got my camera and all the pictures came out dark. I am trying to get use to the whole digital world. all the suggestions right now will help. Thanks in advance for all the help.

Comments

• Options
    crazy7photographycrazy7photography Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    Hello,

This is the first time i am posting on here. I have been doing photography for 13 years and only used 35mm. So i am new to the digital world. I have a fugifilm 3Spro SLR.

I will be shooting my first Soccer team tomorrow as per the forecast it says its going to be cloudy. I am wondering what i should do about the lighting. i got the flash that is attached to the camera, tripod and the camera and thats all. So any suggestions on what i can do about the lighting. As for the posing i have no problem with that. I am just a little nervous about the lighting. I have taking pictures of my girls when i first got my camera and all the pictures came out dark. I am trying to get use to the whole digital world. all the suggestions right now will help. Thanks in advance for all the help.

First good luck. Second - Here is what I do.
    I love cloudy days for team and indivisual photos. no one is squinting and you can control the lighting which is the most important thing. For the standard shot I carry two alien bees 800W lights with shoot through unbrellas, or some time toss the unbrellas if you need a more contrasty shoot.. I do a two light system one on either side of me. power the lights with the The Vagabond II portable power. I did 300 kids the other day running 4 lights off one supply for three hours and the power supply lasted. it works perfect with thier lights.
    Show up 20 minutes early pick the best back ground, setup the lighs and do a bunch of test shots get it perfect and run them through. You really need some sort of portable lights. you can oprobally do it with muiltiple off camera flashes, I just really like the bees for the power. here is a few that I did:
    839794054_CX4ce-M.jpg
    829766212_Nrtmj-M-1.jpg

767644992_pmGzq-M.jpg

Good Luck!
    Canon 5D Mark II, 7D, 70-200mm IS 2.8, 28-70mm 2.8, 15mm Fish eye. etc...
    Alien Bees Strobes

Crazy Seven Photography
    www.crazysevenphotography.com
  • Options
    crazy7photographycrazy7photography Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2010
    Hey also Spend a extra few minutes setting up all the kids just right. take a look make sure they are all uniform, that they shirts and pants are straight. socks are pulled all the way up. all the little details that you will look back on and say I wish I could fix that then , instead of 20 minutes in photoshop. If you don't have the lights and battery you might be able to rent them at your local photo shop.
    Canon 5D Mark II, 7D, 70-200mm IS 2.8, 28-70mm 2.8, 15mm Fish eye. etc...
    Alien Bees Strobes

Crazy Seven Photography
    www.crazysevenphotography.com