Options

Copyright

Mr. QuietMr. Quiet Registered Users Posts: 1,047 Major grins
edited March 23, 2010 in Finishing School
I want to put a legal copyright on my photos, how do I go about doing that? Or, if anyone could tell me how to prevent someone from right-click-saving, that would be good too. You know, when people right click and see this; All photos are property of ©Coleman Photography. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited.
If you work at something hard enough, you WILL achieve your goal. "Me"

D200
NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D
Tamron SP AF90mm f/2.8 Di 1:1

Welcome to my NEW website!

Mr. Christoferson

Comments

• Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    I want to put a legal copyright on my photos, how do I go about doing that? Or, if anyone could tell me how to prevent someone from right-click-saving, that would be good too. You know, when people right click and see this; All photos are property of ©Coleman Photography. All rights reserved. Unauthorized use is prohibited.
    Are you looking for someone to do this for you? or should this be moved to another forum?
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    ivar wrote:
    Are you looking for someone to do this for you? or should this be moved to another forum?

This definitley the wrong forum........it does need to be moved

What processing software are you using.

I use photoshop and had an action recorded that puts my copyright approx 1.5" from right side of photo and 1.5" up from bottom.( this can be moved around to any where I want it if I decide to place it somewhere else, this is just my standard placement for portraits, weddings and landscapes)

The correct way a copyright should read is like this:
    ©2010 YourName All Rights Reserved
    or
    copyright 2010 YourName All Rights Reserved

As to right click protection.......there really isn't ANY protection from theft.......but a nice Watermark of your web address thru the middle is nice so that if your image is stolen everyone that sees it will know from where it came.

If your website is a SmugMug you can easily turn on the right click protection in the control panel and you can watermark from the control panel also

My watermark was made in photoshop using the text tool and various colors for the letters........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    travischancetravischance Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited March 22, 2010
    Mr. Quiet wrote:

I'm not sure if this has been moved, but see the attached:
    RIGHT-CLICK PROTECTION: #20 http://www.smugmug.com/help/customize-faq

Please note that this does not fully protect your images or other content. However there are measures you can take - See these Gallery Options http://www.smugmug.com/help/picture-storage
    Travis M. Chance
    twin Mark IV's & a bunch of "L" glass
    sitefacebook
  • Options
    edited March 22, 2010
    NO Ivar, I am looking fir a way to do it myself, and travischance and Art Scott have showed me how. Thanks guys!

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson
  • Options
    ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited March 23, 2010
    Mr. Quiet wrote:
    NO Ivar, I am looking fir a way to do it myself, and travischance and Art Scott have showed me how. Thanks guys!
    In that case, I will move it from the Flea Market to the Finishing School thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2010
    Thanks!

D200
    NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4 D

Mr. Christoferson