Options

4 lunch shots

NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
edited May 14, 2005 in Holy Macro
Got a bit tired of posting and processing Yosemite stuff and decided to take a little break.

Weather is nice down here in SoCal, we were shooting at lunch and few pics came out ok, so I hope you don't mind me sharing (and if you do - press the Back button asap:-):

Lamp Post:

22016012-L.jpg

Red, White and Blue (and Green, for that matter):

22016043-L.jpg

Sunstar (aka Tree in the park - look, ma, no CA from Sony 828!):

22016052-L.jpg

Street Reflection (check the road sign!:-):

22016062-L.jpg

Cheers!:1drink
"May the f/stop be with you!"

Comments

• Options
    rahmonsterrahmonster Registered Users Posts: 1,376 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    something about the coca cola one really grabs me, I think its the great colour!
    www.tmitchell.smugmug.com

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life...Picasso
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Yep, I agree the coke shot is cool, good stuff Nik!! thumb.gif
  • Options
    4labs4labs Registered Users Posts: 2,089 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    I know what ya mean Nik about processing Yosemite shots. I love the angle you chose on the lampost. Thnxs for sharing..
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    If only it said "Diet, Coca-Cola" :D

good stuff Nik
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Thanks!
    rahmonster wrote:
    something about the coca cola one really grabs me, I think its the great colour!
    I split the "stripes" and adjusted colors separately.. Glad it worked!
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Thanks, John!
    gubbs wrote:
    Yep, I agree the coke shot is cool, good stuff Nik!! thumb.gif
    Glad you like it!
    Cheers, mate!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Yep
    4labs wrote:
    I know what ya mean Nik about processing Yosemite shots. I love the angle you chose on the lampost. Thnxs for sharing..
    Yep, that's a pity.. So many shots of horsetails falls - and not too many original ones:-)

Lamp post - thanks, appreciate it! I learned it from Michiel, he's the King Of Da Tilt!
    Cheers, Eric!1drink.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Yep, that's a pity.. So many shots of horsetails falls - and not too many original ones:-)

Lamp post - thanks, appreciate it! I learned it from Michiel, he's the King Of Da Tilt!
    Cheers, Eric!1drink.gif
    Maybe you should have tilted it.

Try shooting egrets to be original on that thread. Maybe I should tilt them. I did a couple reflections.

I wish I had been there for one more falls photo. How about going under it, that is always impressive. I have never seen a photo of anyone under a falls from there.

Maybe that is a North Carolina, gentler falls, thing.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited May 14, 2005
    Under The Falls
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I wish I had been there for one more falls photo. How about going under it, that is always impressive. I have never seen a photo of anyone under a falls from there.

Maybe that is a North Carolina, gentler falls, thing.

ginger
    There is a little reason why there is practicaly no shots from under the falls - it's almost impossible.
    I actually came to the very bottom of the lower falls once (about 7 years ago). It was not in full swing as this time, but it was not dry either.
    Once you approach 100-200 ft viscinity of the ground zero you find yourself in a very challenging situation. You going against a *very* strong wind and a very strong rain - which is not falling, but rather flying parallel to the ground right into your face (or right into you camera). Imaging you're stanging in fromt of the couple of dozens of fire hoses - you'll get the idea:-). I had to remove my glasses - I simply could not see anything. I was hard to see, hard to walk, even hard to stand - we were using the boulders as a protection.
    Once you get 50ft it gets worse. Anything what is exposed get drenched in a matter of second. You're in a middle of midst, you can't see practically nothing. It's hard to breath, let alone shoot.

Maybe an underwater housing would help, but the mist problem remains - you can't see anything beyound 2-3 feet away.

I think the is the reason. It's not your "gentle falls", by no means..

Cheers!1drink.gif