Options

Set Pricing UI Bug?

OscarcOscarc Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
edited February 1, 2009 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'm trying to set my portfolio-wide default pricing for Bay while keeping EZ Prints as the default lab, so I don't have to set pricing on each gallery I switch to Bay. Here's what I'm doing:

1. I go to the Price Your Photos page
2. I click Portfolio
3. I click the Bayphoto button
4. I enter in prices
5. I click the Ezprints button
6. I click Save Pricing

Now, when I go back to the Price Your Photos page, click Portfolio, and click Bayphoto, I expect to see the prices I entered in at step 4. Instead, all my Bay prices are missing. Is this the expected behavior?

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited February 1, 2009
    Oscarc wrote:
    I'm trying to set my portfolio-wide default pricing for Bay while keeping EZ Prints as the default lab, so I don't have to set pricing on each gallery I switch to Bay. Here's what I'm doing:

1. I go to the Price Your Photos page
    2. I click Portfolio
    3. I click the Bayphoto button
    4. I enter in prices
    5. I click the Ezprints button
    6. I click Save Pricing

Now, when I go back to the Price Your Photos page, click Portfolio, and click Bayphoto, I expect to see the prices I entered in at step 4. Instead, all my Bay prices are missing. Is this the expected behavior?

Why did you click on the EzPrints button. I think in your step 5, you told Smugmug that you wanted this gallery to be priced for EzPrints but you never set prices for EzPrints. Go back and do steps 3, 4 and 6 skipping 5.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    Why did you click on the EzPrints button. I think in your step 5, you told Smugmug that you wanted this gallery to be priced for EzPrints but you never set prices for EzPrints. Go back and do steps 3, 4 and 6 skipping 5.

I'm doing this for the portfolio (my entire site), not for the gallery. I'm planning on having half my galleries use EzPrints and half use Bay, and am trying to set the default pricing for both.

I already have my EzPrints default pricing set up. I'm trying to set up my Bay default pricing without switching my default provider.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2009
    Oscarc wrote:
    I'm doing this for the portfolio (my entire site), not for the gallery. I'm planning on having half my galleries use EzPrints and half use Bay, and am trying to set the default pricing for both.

I already have my EzPrints default pricing set up. I'm trying to set up my Bay default pricing without switching my default provider.

I was able to set default pricing for both and I can see them both in there now so they would work how you want. There may be other ways to do it, but this is what I did:
    1. Go to pricing
    2. Pick Portfolio
    3. Click on Bay Photo
    4. Set your prices
    5. Save Pricing
    6. Go back to pricing
    7. Pick Portfolio
    8. Click on EzPrints
    9. Set your prices
    10. Save Pricing
    Now you will have saved prices for both services and the default will be EzPrints. In any gallery, if you go to pricing and click on BayPhoto, it will go to your default pricing for BayPhoto.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    I was able to set default pricing for both and I can see them both in there now so they would work how you want. There may be other ways to do it, but this is what I did:
    1. Go to pricing
    2. Pick Portfolio
    3. Click on Bay Photo
    4. Set your prices
    5. Save Pricing
    6. Go back to pricing
    7. Pick Portfolio
    8. Click on EzPrints
    9. Set your prices
    10. Save Pricing
    Now you will have saved prices for both services and the default will be EzPrints. In any gallery, if you go to pricing and click on BayPhoto, it will go to your default pricing for BayPhoto.

That works, thanks! SmugMug may still want to fix this bug, because unless the user is aware ahead of time that it exists (and the workaround you described), they will be very frustrated at losing their pricing, which probably took 30-60 minutes to enter in.
  • Options
    edited February 1, 2009
    Oscarc wrote:
    That works, thanks! SmugMug may still want to fix this bug, because unless the user is aware ahead of time that it exists (and the workaround you described), they will be very frustrated at losing their pricing, which probably took 30-60 minutes to enter in.
    Yeah, there are some loose ends in the new pricing stuff. I will post about them and hopefully they can clean some of them up.
    --John
    HomepagePopular