Options

glossy or matte LED

DripDrip Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited January 27, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
I am in the process of buying a Macbook Pro. Can some one tell me which LED gives a better image on photography, an glossy or matted finish on the LED? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2008
    No question, the matte is the only way to go.

The glossy screen looks great for movies but for post processing photos, it gives you false results. Calibration of the glossy screen does not work very well and the glare from the glossy screen is annoying.
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DripDrip Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited January 23, 2008
    Thanks dadwtwins for the advices on matte screen. I will order my matted screen then.
    dadwtwins wrote:

The glossy screen looks great for movies but for post processing photos, it gives you false results. Calibration of the glossy screen does not work very well and the glare from the glossy screen is annoying.
  • Options
    tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2008
    I agree 100%. We have 2 MBPs one with glossy and one with matte. My wife and I both like the Matte screen better in almost every situation.
    dadwtwins wrote:

-Paul
  • Options
    jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2008
    tweaker wrote:
    I agree 100%. We have 2 MBPs one with glossy and one with matte. My wife and I both like the Matte screen better in almost every situation.

I suppose that means you get to use the glossy??

rolleyes1.gif
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac