Mugatron - Smugmug Automator action for OSX

joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
edited February 22, 2008 in SmugMug API Support & Integrations
Hi All

I've been working on a Automator action for uploading to Smugmug called Mugatron. It's working well for me and I thought I'd release version 0.0.1 for testing and feedback.

If you haven't used it before Automator is the photographers best friend, you can build all sorts of complex workflows just by dragging and dropping actions. See http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/automator/

149877051-M.jpg

Download: http://ogle.co.nz/mugatron/mugatron.0.0.1.zip

To install. Copy mugatron.action to your ~/Library/Automator/ folder and restart Automator

I wrote it as a flexible way of exporting photos from Adobe Lightroom directly to Smugmug. To set that up:
- Open Automator with an empty workflow. Drag and drop the "Upload to Smugmug" action into your workflow. (so it looks like the screenshot above)

- Fill in the Email and Password fields, and from the File Menu, Choose Save as.

- Choose "File Format: Application" at the bottom, Save the file as "Upload to Smugmug" into ~/Applications/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Export Actions/

- When you export images in Lightroom, you can now choose "Upload to Smugmug" in the Post Processing section of the Export window.
Again, this is just a testing release for interested people. Coming is better error checking, keychain storage for password, upload progress (at the moment it just pops up a dialogue for 2 seconds after each photo is uploaded), gallery creation and more actions for getting images via rss feeds.

Post below if you have any feedback or questions. Send me a PM if you'd like to be notified about future releases.
-James
jamesOgle photography
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 6, 2007
    James....this looks so sweet clap.gifclapclap.gif

I will give it a go tomorrow and report back.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    is this for PC or mac (Pffffffft gotta get that nasty 3 letter taste out of the moutheek7.gifD)
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    is this for PC or mac
    mac, nothing of what was written by the OP would make any sense on a PC, would it? mwink.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    ivar wrote:
    mac, nothing of what was written by the OP would make any sense on a PC, would it? mwink.gif

Sorry missed the fruit link ( See http://www.apple.com/macosx/features/automator/ )....haven't slept since I read of G's passing.....odd never met her in person but felt a real loss....again sorry for missing that tid bit..............
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2007
    Cool! clap.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • belinebeline Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    any update on this action?
    Covering It at D:D
    coverthis.smugmug.com

SmugWP -
    now 30% more smug!

No Steam Shovel

Feature Requests:
    External Slide Show Support
    Black/White and Sepia Color Options
    Photo/Discount Packages/Coupons
    Electronic Payout for Pro accounts via PayPal
    Self-Fulfilment (Custom "Items")
  • joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2008
    Thanks for the interest. I'm slowly updating it to work with Leopards automator 2 and be a bit more usable at the same time.
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]