Please welcome! New wedding moderators Caroline & Matthew

AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
edited January 8, 2012 in Weddings
I am SO excited to announce that this forum will get 2 WONDERFUL new mods; Caroline (sphynge) and Matthew (Matthew Saville). Please welcome them ...

They are two truly wonderful photographers (Please check out their websites) and I know they both inspired & helped a lot of people on here already. :lust
I will be around until the end of the month and then slowly disappear :D We're awaiting baby #2 mid January and unfortunately I won't have time to be on here quite as much anymore, BUT I'll be still hanging around to throw in my 2 cents here and there :D

I'll also post 2 threads to introduce them both a bit more, so you guys get to know them a bit better, so stay tuned :D

Thanks everybody for a wooonderful time! I really enjoyed hanging out here as a mod :lust and thanks also for being SUCH an easy crowd :D

And now please say hi to Caroline & Matthew :wave

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2011
    Agnieszka, thanks so much for your tireless efforts here, we really appreciate it. bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Agnieszka, thanks so much for your tireless efforts here, we really appreciate it. bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

It was a HUGE pleasure and honor to be part of the team!! iloveyou.gif
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2011
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2011
    Thanks all! I'm looking forward to, well, hanging out! Thankfully we're not a rough bunch here, in fact I myself am probably the "loudest" guy in the Weddings forum! So as long as Caroline keeps me in check, this'll keep on being one of the best communities for hobbyist / part-time / full-time wedding photographers. :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
    edited December 20, 2011
    in fact I myself am probably the "loudest"

Whaaaaaat? You? No way.
  • sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited December 20, 2011
    Thank you Angie
    Thanks Angie for all the hard work... you're really awesome clap.gif
    edited December 20, 2011
    Andy there's no way he's louder than me??? mwink.gif
    Andy wrote: »
    Whaaaaaat? You? No way.
    edited December 20, 2011
    sphynge wrote: »
    Andy there's no way he's louder than me??? mwink.gif

lol3.gif

hands-over-ears.jpg
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2011
    Angie,

Thanks for your time here.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • BlueSkyPhotosBlueSkyPhotos Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2011
    Angie, thanks for all your time and effort and congratulations! You did a great job.

Caroline and Matt, thanks for being our new moderators!
    Jacek
    Thanks, Angie and best of luck with baby number two!
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2011
    Huge thanks for your hard work Angie!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2011
    Keep us posted on #2's arrival Angie - very exciting!! I only lurk here, but thanks from me too... and welcome to the new Supremos! thumb.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2011
    Thanks everybody (+ will definitely keep you posted about #2) iloveyou.gif

And haha @ Matthew & Caroline rolleyes1.gif I'm already looking forward to any changes on here and let me know if you ever need somebody to put people in line when nobody submits any photos to the monthly challenge (that was always my "favorite" part) :fish lol3.gif

Love you guys!
    edited December 21, 2011
    Wow I'm definitely not messing with that... 15651422-Ti.gif
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2011
    Agnieszka wrote: »
    Thanks everybody (+ will definitely keep you posted about #2) iloveyou.gif

And haha @ Matthew & Caroline rolleyes1.gif I'm already looking forward to any changes on here and let me know if you ever need somebody to put people in line when nobody submits any photos to the monthly challenge (that was always my "favorite" part) :fish lol3.gif

Love you guys!

You mean your favorite part was the challenges? Or, your favorite part was trying to get people to submit? :-P

I'd love to continue the challenges, but we'll have to promote it a little more so that more people enter.

I was thinking of maybe re-designing the whole thing, and instead of each person thinking up their own topic, we might just have a more general contest each month, or every other month, and a poll / voting system maybe so that people can be more participatory.

Thoughts?

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2011
    sphynge wrote: »
    Thanks Angie for all the hard work... you're really awesome clap.gif

+1 Angie, you will be missed. Congratulations on your forthcoming second child...looking forward to seeing some pictures.

Welcome aboard Caroline and Matt. Don't know much about Caroline...but have read a lot of Matt's stuff...and for sure he's full of...err...hmmm...good ideas...lol. rolleyes1.gif I see Matt's already planning...great. Looking forward to the new year with you two.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited December 22, 2011
    well deserved.

I'll miss your posts too. :(
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • BlueSkyPhotosBlueSkyPhotos Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2011

I was thinking of maybe re-designing the whole thing, and instead of each person thinking up their own topic, we might just have a more general contest each month, or every other month, and a poll / voting system maybe so that people can be more participatory.

Thoughts?

=Matt=

Matt,

We could try general contest each month and see how it goes. We could also come up with a list of specific topics and alternate them with general contest, if the first approach doesn't work.
    Jacek
    You mean your favorite part was the challenges? Or, your favorite part was trying to get people to submit? :-P

Bahaha, do I need to answer this question?? rolleyes1.gif Let's say I *wish* everybody would have submitted at least one photo, I know we have some super talented people on here ... and I understand that everybody is busy (esp during the summer), but it's easy enough to just submit a photo once a month, makes it more fun for EVERYBODY :D. Having said this, I hope you, Matt and you, Caroline won't stop submitting photos to the contest mwink.gif

Happy Holidays everybody!! iloveyou.gif
  • mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2012
    Wow! I disappear for a few weeks and look at all the changes!!! Totally down with these two guiding the ship. Good choices Andy and Ang. Ang we all love you hun and you take care of your family and congrats on the new addition!!!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
    edited January 8, 2012
    Don't worry Ed911, I don't always bite and keep mints in my pocket so I have nice breath :D
    (is that TMI already?)