Brisbane to Byron Bay

jkyndtjkyndt Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
Hi

I'll be travelling over 2 or 3 days in September from Brisbane to Byron Bay to attend a wedding and then heading back to Brisbane.

I was wondering if any of the locals on this forum would have some great tips on where to to head to with my 7D. I'm a free man (ie. wife and kids staying at home:clap) so can hike and take all the time in world. i'll also be renting a car.

Last time I was in the neighbourhood I stumbled upon the Glass House Mountains and am pretty certain there are some great spots to shoot them. Any recommendations?

Glass-wise I'll be travelling with a Canon 24mm-105mm F4, a Canon 50mm F1.4 and a Sigma 70mm-200mm F2.8. Am wondering if I should rent something a little longer such as a 300mm.

Cheers

Comments

• bmxbanditbmxbandit Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited May 14, 2012
    Heading to Byron from Brisbane, turn right somewhere around Robina. There is a lovely windy road that takes you up around the mountains behind Murwillumbah. Stop at Natural Arch, as well, visit Mt Warning. A little further south of Mt Warning are Nightcap National Park as well as the Border Ranges National Park where there is a fantastic narrow bit of mountain that you can walk along.

http://g.co/maps/nfwxs

From there you can head south into Nimbin, Lismore and then Byron. Quite spectacular country.

At dusk in Byron, you might want a tripod to hold the camera while you look inland from the beach. The mountains are stunning.

Hope this helps.
    Scott
  • jkyndtjkyndt Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited May 14, 2012
    Thanks Scott for the tips, certainly looks promising:)
    All the best
    James