Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 6, 2006
    pronvit wrote:
    http://ww2d.org/smugexport

only basic functionality currently, more to come soon

Hi Vitaliy,

Sounds cool clap.gifclap

Can't test it myself since I don't have a mac...but i'm sure the mac users will love it.

Thanks,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    Hmm..here's a problem:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export

There is no folder after you get in the Aperture folder itself. Do I need to create those?
  • pronvitpronvit Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    JohnR wrote:
    Hmm..here's a problem:
    ~/Library/Application Support/Aperture/Plug-Ins/Export

There is no folder after you get in the Aperture folder itself. Do I need to create those?
    yes
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2006
    Hi Pronvit,

Installed, did file>export, logged in, selected gallery, chose 1024 option, clicked export, and it made like it worked fine, but the file didn't land in my gallery, nor did I see an upload log exception.

Am I doing something wrong ? :)

Andy
    edited November 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Pronvit,

Installed, did file>export, logged in, selected gallery, chose 1024 option, clicked export, and it made like it worked fine, but the file didn't land in my gallery, nor did I see an upload log exception.

Am I doing something wrong ? :)

Andy

in next version tomorrow there will be (together with new album creating feature and some others) diagnostic messages so it will be easier to find problem

anyone else tried it with success/problems?
    edited November 8, 2006
    I uploaded new version to http://ww2d.org/smugexport
    Now you can create new albums right in exporter. Also it now prints some diagnostic messages to console (use Console.app to view them if something doesn't work).
    edited November 8, 2006
    pronvit wrote:
    Now you can create new albums right in exporter. Also it now prints some diagnostic messages to console (use Console.app to view them if something doesn't work).
    Uploads on my Mac Pro, Aperture to SmugMug work! did only one, full-size, and a 1024 resize. clap.gif

More tomorrow.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 10, 2006
    works great!!!
    pronvit wrote:
    I uploaded about 30 photos that were TIF's, converted to jpeg 1024. All went very smooth. No problems at all. Very nice piece of work and will be very helpful. Thanks for the effort and time that it took to do this.clap.gifclapclap.gifclap
  • happy-imphappy-imp Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited November 11, 2006
    Oh awesome!!!
    Thanks so much pronvit! And thanks for pointing me toward this thread. I'd missed it. I'll be donating soon.

This makes things so much easier for me! I was thinking I was gonna have to write one myself, but I don't really know how.clap.gif

I'll comment on bugs/feature ideas/whatever after I use it a bit more... uploading the first batch now.
    edited November 11, 2006
    I'm glad you like it.

btw, want to warn that it will fail silently if connection is poor and it can't upload image, not good at all, so check that images really appeared in gallery. I'll handle this situation properly in next version
  • PsykologyPsykology Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited November 12, 2006
    pronvit wrote:
    I'm glad you like it.

btw, want to warn that it will fail silently if connection is poor and it can't upload image, not good at all, I'll handle this situation properly in next version

This is an awesome start! Even this simple functionality of creating an album and uploading to it is already saving me lots of time. bowdown.gif

If I were allowed to have a features wishlist as the plugin continues to be developed my top item would be the ability to (inside Aperture) view thumbnails of the photos that are in each album and be able to select and REPLACE a photo on smugmug with a photo from my Aperture library. Many times I do a shoot and get all my photos uploaded and later go back and make "better edits".

Thanks so much for working on this plugin.
    edited November 12, 2006
    Psykology wrote:
    This is an awesome start! Even this simple functionality of creating an album and uploading to it is already saving me lots of time. bowdown.gif

If I were allowed to have a features wishlist as the plugin continues to be developed my top item would be the ability to (inside Aperture) view thumbnails of the photos that are in each album and be able to select and REPLACE a photo on smugmug with a photo from my Aperture library. Many times I do a shoot and get all my photos uploaded and later go back and make "better edits".

Thanks so much for working on this plugin.

good idea!

but is there smugmug api to replace image?
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 12, 2006
    pronvit wrote:
    good idea!

but is there smugmug api to replace image?

Hi pronvit,

There isn't currently an API method for this, it's been requested before, i'll make sure it's on the list.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited November 21, 2006
    I’m glad to announce availability of new version of my SmugMug export plugin for Aperture.

Update is highly recommended, changes:

* Better error handlng - message will be displayed if operation fails, Skip/Retry/Cancel options will be given if image upload fails
    * Option to open gallery in browser when upload complete
    * Several code fixes, it should be more stable now, tried to upload several hundred images without any problems (however it’s aways more safe not to try to upload two thousand images at once:) )

Homepage and download: http://ww2d.org/smugexport

PS. photo replacing will be implemented as soon as there will be smugmug api for this
  • happy-imphappy-imp Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited December 5, 2006
    Some problems...
    This has been working pretty well for me, but a couple gotchas...

First, today it stopped working with 1 account. It says "Can't get list of albums". I tried it with my other account and it worked fine, so maybe it poops out if there are more than a certain # of albums? I dunno. The one that won't work is my pro account, though, with more albums. Not tons, though. 20-something maybe?

Also, there is no easy way to switch between multiple accounts if you're like me and have 2. I have a personal and a business, and it'd be awesome if I could choose them from the list and not have to type in my email/password every time.

Other than that, doing great!!! :D
    edited December 5, 2006
    happy-imp wrote:
    This has been working pretty well for me, but a couple gotchas...

First, today it stopped working with 1 account. It says "Can't get list of albums". I tried it with my other account and it worked fine, so maybe it poops out if there are more than a certain # of albums? I dunno. The one that won't work is my pro account, though, with more albums. Not tons, though. 20-something maybe?

Also, there is no easy way to switch between multiple accounts if you're like me and have 2. I have a personal and a business, and it'd be awesome if I could choose them from the list and not have to type in my email/password every time.

Other than that, doing great!!! :D

I answered your email about your problem.

And I'll think about how to make nice user interface for multiple accounts feature, thank you for idea.
  • carolina_yankeecarolina_yankee Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 7, 2006
    One Small Problem
    I love the SmugMug exporter, but there is one small problem. When I select a gallery, it uploads to the gallery immediately above it in the list. I've tried this several times, and it's the same each time. Do I have a bum version, or is this a known problem? I downloaded and installed 1.0 today.

BTW, I never would have found my photos if it weren't for the "open gallery automatically" feature. Thanks for that!!

Dirk
    edited December 8, 2006
    I love the SmugMug exporter, but there is one small problem. When I select a gallery, it uploads to the gallery immediately above it in the list. I've tried this several times, and it's the same each time. Do I have a bum version, or is this a known problem? I downloaded and installed 1.0 today.

BTW, I never would have found my photos if it weren't for the "open gallery automatically" feature. Thanks for that!!

Dirk

just checked and it uploads to the right gallery.. strange..
    I'll try to do some tests to find what can cause such problem
  • carolina_yankeecarolina_yankee Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited December 8, 2006
    pronvit wrote:
    just checked and it uploads to the right gallery.. strange..
    I'll try to do some tests to find what can cause such problem

Thanks for taking the time to follow up. I deleted, downloaded, and re-installed today and got the same problem. Weird - but at least it's consistent so I can still take advantage of it. Everything else works perfectly.

Dirk
  • JohnRJohnR Registered Users Posts: 732 Major grins
    edited December 19, 2006
    Tried yours out today to test it and it's not working correctly.

First, it's saying that it is uploading blackwhite 6.jpg when in fact I don't have a single image named that. (it started with blackwhite 1.jpg).

Looks like it has uploaded some but I think it's slow....or appears to be.
  • wdhpgxwdhpgx Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited December 19, 2006

I ran into this problem earlier. I never did enough testing to completely track it down, though. It went away later, after I had re-organized my galleries. The only thing that came to mind was that, before, I had some empty galleries, and maybe that confused it.
  • lcavalielcavalie Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 20, 2006
    Excellent
    Hi,

I tried the plug-in today and got impressed.
    Not a single problem, worked beautifully.
    I could create my gallerie and found my pictures in it.
    One suggestion : have a way to save the account name and password to void reentering everything each time.
    And of course a way to replace a photo would eb a very convenient thing too.
    Anyway congratulation for the work.

L
    www.mindworkscreation.com
    Photography and Design Studio

Pictures galleries at photo.mindworkscreation.com
    edited December 22, 2006
    lcavalie wrote:
    Hi,

I tried the plug-in today and got impressed.
    Not a single problem, worked beautifully.
    I could create my gallerie and found my pictures in it.
    One suggestion : have a way to save the account name and password to void reentering everything each time.
    And of course a way to replace a photo would eb a very convenient thing too.
    Anyway congratulation for the work.

L

it saves username/password.. doesn't this work for you?

photo replacing depends on corresponding SmugMug API call that isn't implemented yet.
    edited December 22, 2006
  • yoyoboyyoyoboy Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited December 23, 2006
    You rock my world!!:D

Before I had to export to an extrnal hd( i dont have enough working space on my internal) then upload from there. Major PITA. yummyclap.gifclap
  • lcavalielcavalie Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited December 26, 2006
    pronvit wrote:
    it saves username/password.. doesn't this work for you?

photo replacing depends on corresponding SmugMug API call that isn't implemented yet.

My mistake, it does save the username and password and reconnect automatically. Great.

Thanks again

L
    www.mindworkscreation.com
    Photography and Design Studio

Pictures galleries at photo.mindworkscreation.com
  • James_FJames_F Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
    edited December 30, 2006
    SmugExport Not Able to Login to SmugMug
    Downloaded and installed latest version. Created folder and installed plug in per instructions. I see the >> EXPORT > SMUGEXPORT option. Drop down box appears. I try to log in but an error message appears saying user name and password not correcct, try again. However, when I use my user name (email address) and password directly from within Safari to log in to Smugmug, I can connect without any problems. Thus, something is not working right from within Aperture. I am using Aperture 1.5.2 and OS X 10.4.8.
  • kbsmugmugkbsmugmug Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited February 15, 2007
    Zoom Thumbnails
    Thanks for the great work on this plugin. It sure makes life easier. This may be hoping for too much, but is there a way to upload with this plugin and have the zoom thumbnails feature automatically implemented? I like to zoom all thumbnails to 1:1 using the bulk zoom hack. Thanks again.
  • PindyPindy Registered Users Posts: 1,089 Major grins
    edited February 15, 2007
    I've noticed that you have to make the gallery public to enter a password, which makes sense, but two behaviours still exist once you do this:

1. you cannot enter a password hint
    2. The gallery is "private" once uploaded to SM. I always have to go into the customise gallery area to fix this.

Great job, otherwise. The only thing that would get me to stop needing PictureSync would be some sort of geocoding support. now THAT would be cool, though it's probably beyond the scope of Aperture's API. Come to that, Aperture doesn't even let you alter this in any way.
  • ArsenicsonArsenicson Registered Users Posts: 11 Beginner grinner
    edited March 14, 2007
    Thank you for a wonderful useful plugin, i feel i'll be using it a lot. clap.gif

I believe we met at INSANELYMAC forum some time ago, you were offering this plugin. This is where i've learned about Smugmug, actually :D