A few Photographers Needed for WidowMaker Hillclimb June 22-23 (UTAH)

ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
edited June 29, 2012 in For Hire
It is that time of year again! WidowMaker Hillclimb. If you want a chance to come shoot some one of the wildest sports you will ever get a chance to take pictures at check this out.
http://widowmaker.info/

We are the official event photographers for the event. We have exclusive access to the hill and can go anywhere we want.

It is hot and dusty, the bikes are really loud, the event is all day long, you have to hike up and down a super steep hill, you get sprayed with rocks, but it is awesome!

Must have a decent camera body and a 70-200 2.8 And must be in good enough shape to get around the mountain all day.

PM me for details.

Comments

• ZerodogZerodog Registered Users Posts: 1,480 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    This is a paid gig.
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    I have D800, and should have 70-200 soon. Live in STG. So if you still need someone, let me know.
  • BendrBendr Registered Users Posts: 665 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    This looks cool, but I don't have the 2.8.

How do you feel about the Canon 70-200 f4 IS with a 40D? It's been a wonderful combination for me :)

Ben
    edited May 14, 2012
    I have D800, and should have 70-200 soon. Live in STG. So if you still need someone, let me know.

Great setup but not for a sports event. Too many pixels. It would be too slow to process those files in bulk on my system. Do you have another body? Preferably one of Nikons 12mp bodies?
    edited May 14, 2012
    Bendr wrote: »
    This looks cool, but I don't have the 2.8.

How do you feel about the Canon 70-200 f4 IS with a 40D? It's been a wonderful combination for me :)

Ben

Last year I had a guy shooting with that lens and it was not so hot. Although I have heard that that lens is awesome. I think he had an issue with that particular one.
    He also shot with the canon 100-400 and that was stellar.
    edited May 14, 2012
    Zerodog wrote: »
    Last year I had a guy shooting with that lens and it was not so hot. Although I have heard that that lens is awesome. I think he had an issue with that particular one.
    He also shot with the canon 100-400 and that was stellar.

I rented one of those a few years back... That was a pretty sweet lens. :)

I was going to show you a few sports shots, then it dawned on me they were taken with my 24-105 before I owned the 70-200 :p

Guess I have an excuse to get out and play more with the 70-200 :D
    edited May 14, 2012
    Bendr, are you in UT?
  • EphTwoEightEphTwoEight Registered Users Posts: 552 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2012
    Great setup but not for a sports event. Too many pixels. It would be too slow to process those files in bulk on my system. Do you have another body? Preferably one of Nikons 12mp bodies?

I've shot with it on JPEG and they are 9-12MB files, and I've played with the 1.5x crop mode, for 16mp's and of course longer focal lengths. Plenty fast on my MBP.
    edited May 15, 2012
    Bendr, are you in UT?

I live in Nor Cal, but I have family in UT, and I love the UT scenery. Plus, it's summer vacation and I'm due for a road trip. In short, it doesn't take too much to convince me to visit. :)

Ben
    edited May 15, 2012
    I've shot with it on JPEG and they are 9-12MB files, and I've played with the 1.5x crop mode, for 16mp's and of course longer focal lengths. Plenty fast on my MBP.

It is just too much for this type of work. That is my issue with that camera. Don't get me wrong. It is a rad camera. Just not for action sports or events with 1000's of pics. Last year we had over 10,000 files to handle. They were JPEG and it is still too slow. Nothing is ever fast enough when you have a line of people standing waiting for pics.
    edited June 19, 2012
    I could still use 1 more photographer for fri and sat.
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2012
    man, I would love to shoot this.. wish it was closer :(

fly me over? :D
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • Quincy TQuincy T Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2012
    Wish I lived there....