Missing warranty card!!! New Canon 5D Mark III without warranty card?

2»

Comments

• WayupthereWayupthere Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2012
    Blows me away why anyone would by something worth that much if there was any doubt. Sounds like you are good to go anyway according to Henry.
    That would cause me a few tense moments.
    Also a big thumb.gif to B&H from me. Only one return..couldn't have been easier. Just sent them another sack of dough this morning.:help
    Gary
  • haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2012
    I will buy from the authorized resellers for the future for sure. I have learned my lesson!
  • haringharing Registered Users Posts: 281 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2012
    So far camera is working properly though! :)
  • billythekbillythek Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2012
    haring wrote: »
    I have received my Canon 5D Mark III today without warranty card. I bought it from "getitdigital" off from ebay. They claim that it is brand new USA product with 1 year USA warranty.

I have called Canon and they say that I need both the receipt AND the warranty card to have warranty for the camera.

I have called the store but they told me that they will email me the warranty card... It sounds strange....

Did any of you guys had the same experience with any cameras? what should I do? Should send it back and ask for a refund?

Although I've never bought from them, they are a high volume seller on ebay with excellent feedback and resellerratings rates them good, as well. Seems if this were a common problem they wouldn't have as good of a rating. I have to admit, he other thread that was mentioned is a little disturbing. Of course there are sometimes more than one version of a story.

At any rate, hope you get your warranty issue settled. Personally, I've never actually had to use a warrantly on a camera, ever. But I know others have different experiences.
    - Bill
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2012
    I just looked at the getitdigtal website...and they are offering the 5D3 for $3000...$500 off of retail. That in itself should have thrown up red flags. How did they get the warranty card out of the box...if it's not there and why would they have warranty cards laying around?

I would think that B&H might be able to shed some light on this.

Does B&H take warranty cards out of the box...does B&H have extra warranty cards laying around encase a customer looses one? How about it Henry...
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • billythekbillythek Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    With respect, there is also at least the possibility that the warranty card was misplaced by the purchaser. Or perhaps somehow didn't get put in the box at the factory. Mistakes do happen. Since it has been established in an earlier comment that the card is not actually required, I'm not sure what the big deal is.

As for red flags, Adorama and Beach both recently sold the 5D3 for $2750 and $2800, so I don't see anything particularly unusual about the getitdigital sale at $3K. The Adorama & Beach cameras were new, with USA/Canada warranty, and were recent serial numbers (not the light-leak cameras, if you are curious).
    - Bill
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    those "flash sales" were the Adorama and Beach eBay stores FWIW - not sure how that affects mfr retail pricing agreements, but apparently it does.
  • henryphenryp Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2012
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Does B&H take warranty cards out of the box...
    Nope. We don't open the box at all.
    does B&H have extra warranty cards laying around encase a customer looses one? How about it Henry...
    We do not, and since you don't need a warranty card for warranty service there's really no need to do so.
    edited October 16, 2012
    billythek wrote: »
    As for red flags, Adorama and Beach both recently sold the 5D3 for $2750 and $2800, so I don't see anything particularly unusual about the getitdigital sale at $3K. The Adorama & Beach cameras were new, with USA/Canada warranty, and were recent serial numbers (not the light-leak cameras, if you are curious).

Good to know...since I don't' actively search for pricing.

Thanks for your comments.

Ed
    edited October 16, 2012
    henryp wrote: »
    Nope. We don't open the box at all. We do not, and since you don't need a warranty card for warranty service there's really no need to do so.

Thanks Henry

Ed