iPhone - Menue and slideshow doesn't work

PatrikPatrik Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
edited April 26, 2012 in SmugMug Support
Hello,

I've discovered that part of my menu doesn't work on an iPhone. I then entered the url to see the galleries/slideshows, but the images doesn't show. What have I done wrong?

Please, does anyone know why Images at www.patrikwinge.com doesn't work?

Thanks,

Patrik

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Hi Patrik,

I checked your nature gallery and it looks like you embedded a slideshow into the gallery description. Slideshow embeds provided by SmugMug currently are not supported on mobile devices as the slideshow used in the embed requires Flash, which isn't available on iOS devices.

What you could do is to remove the slideshow from the gallery description. After all, when viewing a gallery, a visitor can choose to view a slideshow on their own using the slideshow button showing in the gallery. The slideshow available via the slideshow button also works on mobile devices.

Alternatively, you could look at using the html5 slideshow from here which would also work on mobile devices:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=188720

Regarding the dropdown navbar not working on the iPhone, I'd suggest you post on this dropdown navbar thread in our customization forum. That's where the customization helpers and experts can assist you with any of your navbar questions.

By the way, I like this shot. Just last month I've seen the ship in daylight, but in your shot it comes across even more beautiful and mysterious. :)
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • PatrikPatrik Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Thank you Sebastian!

I've upgraded to html5 slideshow and it works, but I haven't figured out which CSS Bottom Javascript I should remove. I guess that explains why I sometimes se a flickering image.

Is there a way to navigate the slideshow on an iPhone like I can use the arrow keys and space bar on my keyboard?

Patrik
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2012
    Hi Patrik,
    I'm glad to hear it's working! For questions and problems with the html5 slideshow, please post directly on the thread for it so that the developer and the customization helpers can help you out. I'm no customization expert and not really familiar with the workings of the slideshow. I suggest that you include some more details on what specific issue you're seeing.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero