Do you have a "Bridezilla" clause in your contract?

EketelonEketelon Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
edited November 3, 2009 in Weddings
I love shooting weddings! I enjoy the whole creative opportunities it allows. This weekend the wife and I sat and watch several eps of Bridezilla on Bravo and we were just blown away! It actually angered me a few times at that shear nerve of these crazed brides! I'm seriously considering putting a Bridezilla clause in my wedding contract. :deal I was wondering if any of you have a similar clause in your contracts as well. Have you run in to a bridezilla on any of your shoots? What would you do if you did?
Lover of God and Fisher of Men for Christ
Bodies: Nikon D300 & D70
Lens: Sigma 28-70/2.8, Nikon 18-70, 50mm/1.4, 70-200
Lights: SB-600, Alien Bees 400 & 800

Comments

• mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    Eketelon wrote:
    I love shooting weddings! I enjoy the whole creative opportunities it allows. This weekend the wife and I sat and watch several eps of Bridezilla on Bravo and we were just blown away! It actually angered me a few times at that shear nerve of these crazed brides! I'm seriously considering putting a Bridezilla clause in my wedding contract. deal.gif I was wondering if any of you have a similar clause in your contracts as well. Have you run in to a bridezilla on any of your shoots? What would you do if you did?

I have yet to run into a 'zilla. Well there is my ex-wife but she didn't go all zilla till a few months later! Ha!!

I have seen that show a couple of times and it is amazing how some of these brides act. Why would anyone marry one of those wenches? If that isn't a sgn of what is to come I don't know what is. Maybe they have lots of money or some magical girl parts or something but it is amazing what they capture on that show!

I have nothing like that in my contract. I think a few pictures of the freakout would suffice in any any legal battles!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • entropy07entropy07 Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited November 3, 2009
    I've heard that the brides selected for that show are encouraged to be a little more dramatic.. I'd actually take it with a grain of salt.
    Nikon D700, 50mm f/1.8, 85mm f/1.8, 24-70mm f/2.8, 60mm f/2.8, SB-900
    Site
    Blog