Nikon lenses for sale

ChekhovChekhov Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited April 16, 2012 in Nikon Land
Looking to sell a Nikon 50mm f/1.4G and a Nikon 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G. $400 for the 50mm and $800 for the 28-300mm. :)

Comments

• JamesbjenkinsJamesbjenkins Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2012
    Chekhov, when a user's very first post on the forum is trying to sell something, a great many of us don't look kindly on that.

Make yourself at home, contribute to the forum, comment on C&C requests, post cool things you've seen for the betterment of the community, etc. That's a great way to get started here.

This isn't eBay.
    Proofing: clients.captured-photos.com
    Facebook: Like Me || Twitter: Follow Me
    Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys
  • codyjbennettcodyjbennett Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    Interesting response JJ, I didn't even notice that, nor does it rank high on my alert-o-meter - have you seen people get burned previously by a first-post-seller?

And, on the topic of the 50 1.4, Chekhov, I'll send you a PM. :)
  • shaikhshaikh Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2012
    can you ship the lens to India , and I if you post this on ebay . so will be safe buying from there
    waiting for replay
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    JJ,

Unless the buy/sell forum has what you're suggesting as a stated rule, I think your post is completely out of line.
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 16, 2012
    James, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that you were trying to be "welcoming" with your post. However, last time I checked, it was my job to enforce the rules of this forum. As such, I can assure you we have no minimum-post rule here.

Chekhov, aforementioned issue aside, I do have a pertinent suggestion for this post: could you clarify if your prices are US or CD $'s?
    deal.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

edited April 16, 2012
    DoctorIt wrote: »
    James, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in that you were trying to be "welcoming" with your post. However, last time I checked, it was my job to enforce the rules of this forum. As such, I can assure you we have no minimum-post rule here.

Chekhov, aforementioned issue aside, I do have a pertinent suggestion for this post: could you clarify if your prices are US or CD $'s?
    deal.gif

I'm not interested in enforcing any rules. You can lower your shields, Doc and Pupator. I've just been burned by "one post sellers" before. Just offering some friendly advice.

It doesn't do this community any good to have someone join all the forums they can find just so they can hock their wares. That's no different than Nigerian Prince spam.

Chekhov, good luck with your sale.
  • PupatorPupator Registered Users Posts: 2,322 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    It's also Erik's job to enforce the rules about rule-enforcers, so I should have kept my comments to myself. I apologize JJ.

Since this thread has gotten off the rails already, allow me to take this opportunity to request (again) a buyer/seller ratings plug-in like the one at FredMiranda.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    Hopefully Chekhov hasn't been chased off ... ... ...
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• ChekhovChekhov Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2012
    Wow. I've never caused controversy like this before. Ha ha.
    I just want to sell these two lenses so I can buy a 16-35mm f/4. I want to get involved in cityscapes in particular.
    edited April 16, 2012
    A rating system would be awesome.

Chekhov, I meant no disrespect to you at all. I'm sure you're a fine, upstanding gentleman.
    edited April 16, 2012
    Oh, almost forget. Prices are in US$.
    edited April 16, 2012
    No problem, James. :)
    edited April 16, 2012
    Chekhov wrote: »
    Wow. I've never caused controversy like this before. Ha ha.
    I just want to sell these two lenses so I can buy a 16-35mm f/4. I want to get involved in cityscapes in particular.

I'm with you on the 16-35. That's an incredible lens. Bye bye 14-24 f/2.8...

Again, good luck with your sale!