If you could go anywhere you want for 2 weeks...

MolsondogMolsondog Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
I saw this thread on another forum and though it was a great subject. If this has been posted here in the past then ignore it.

If you could go anywhere for two weeks to photograph until you burst, where would you go? This assumes that funds and time are not an issue.

Extra credit: Add your preferred mode of transportation.

Comments

• Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2011
    Czech Republic - based out of Karlstejn ( I'd live in that castle if I could) ......hostels out side Prag are normally a lot less expensive....mode of transport - rented MC......2 weeks would only allow me to get started getting the images I want from that country...once i return I may never come back until they fly my ashes back to Ks........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2011
    I'd stay state-side and take a trip by train around the circumference of the CONUS; starting, and ending, in NYC. I'd go along the northern-border states until WA where my wife and I took our honeymoon to the San Juan islands (maybe we could see some whales this time). From there, down Oregon and CA. Across NV, AZ, a quick trip to UT (gotta get breakfast at the Jailhouse Cafe again), over to CO for a quick stay in Durango (I may retire there in 20-30 years). Durango, to Manitou Springs to see the cliff dwellings again, then down to Santa Fe, and Albuquerque to reminisce about my days in the USAF. From ABQ, across TX to be dropped off in San Antonio so I can get a drink at a bar on the river walk where I was kicked out of after having one-too-many and breaking a glass. TX to LA for a stop in the French Quarter of New Orleans and a stop at Caffe Du Monde. Up the East Coast to stop a few places that I haven't had the chance to yet see, until final arrival in NYC.

I love trains, and have yet to ride on one.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • rpcrowerpcrowe Registered Users Posts: 733 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    China or Turkey
    China's Li River between Guilin and Yangshuo - the last time I was in that beautiful area, the weather did not cooperative.

OR

Istanbul - I have never been there but it is definitely on my bucketlist!
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    I would like to do a motorcycle tour of the US and Canada, mainly the Rockies and Pacific Northwest (of the US). I have had the chance to do some riding and much more basic shooting than I am doing now when there was a motorcycle rally in Spokane Washington I took the month of July to meander to and from with friends. It was a fun time and I got lots of nice pics but not enough time to stop and compose images.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited June 5, 2011
    Belgium Ardennes and Luxembourg

on my FLT :D
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited June 5, 2011
    Bali.
  • Mr EddyMr Eddy Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    Iceland. Especially after seeing some of the photos here recently.
  • crowcrow Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited June 6, 2011
    Island hop the Caribbean via seaplane.
    Driving tour of the Mexican Riviera (probably not too safe right now)
    Driving tour of Cuba
    jfghckgvlhyvluijhb;ijol m,lll
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited June 7, 2011
    Sail boat in the Caribbean.
  • LornceLornce Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2012
    I'd like to return to Nepal and spend two weeks trekking around the Annapurna range. This time with digital gear.

thumb.gif
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited February 21, 2012
    +1 vote for Iceland.
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Bend The LightBend The Light Registered Users Posts: 1,887 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2012
    A choice of 2, I think. I'd ;ove to go to the east - china, korea, cambodia, nepal...that sort of area. Using traditional transport.

Alternatively, put my truck licence to good use and drive a peterbuilt truck around the USA, and live in the trailer. ;)
  • novicesnappernovicesnapper Registered Users Posts: 445 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2012
    I would opt for shooting all five days of competitions at Rio Carnivol. I think that would be incredible.
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2012
    The Maasai Mara in Kenya
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • RStrickRStrick Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 3, 2012
    Paris, France on a motorcycle.
  • ADMIT PhotographyADMIT Photography Registered Users Posts: 431 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    I'd travel through Spain.
    Facebook - Twitter
    Nikon D200, D80, SB600, nikon 50mm 1.8, nikon 18-135 3.5-4.6, nikon 70-200
  • AdamideasAdamideas Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2012
    I would go to the international space station!

-Adam