Muench Workshops -- African Adventure, October 2011

DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
edited October 26, 2011 in Landscapes
[imgl]http://img.skitch.com/20100614-cidptudub9tmqjppebwaug9jmr.jpg[/imgl]
Muench Workshops -- African Adventure
October 1-13, 2011

Beneath the shadow of Kilimanjaro lies a vast universe of life and death. This unique struggle for survival is known to all, but few see it for themselves. Get up close and personal with creatures great and small.

If you've got Africa on your Bucket List, here's your chance to do it "Muench Workshops" style, with Marc Muench and Andy Williams. We're taking 10 photographers on their trip of a liifetime. We hope you can join us!

Update:

This workshop is over, and by all accounts was a fantastic success. I'll be adding links to threads and galleries here as they are posted:

[thread=208044]Just Starting[/thread] (HarryB)
[thread=208258]Lions, Rhinos and Zebras Oh My![/thread] (Pathfinder)
[thread=208287]Into Africa[/thread] (Marc Muench & Andy Williams)
[thread=208304]African Dream[/thread] (HarryB)
Moderator Emeritus
Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    OMG..... this is Awesome!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    I'm signed up for it.
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2010
    I'm just going to sigh and stare longingly at the description page. This would be one hell of a way to cross Africa off the bucket list. Awesome itinerary, guys. thumb.gif
  • Alpha_PlusAlpha_Plus Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2010
    if only i had that sort of money lying around... It sounds epic!!
    Karl Lindsay
    Nikon D600
    Samyang 14mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 24mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
    Induro CT-014 Tripod
    karllindsayphotography.com | Photos on Facebook | 500px
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 18, 2010
    Harryb wrote: »
    I'm signed up for it.
    Thrilled to have you, Harry!
    edited June 21, 2010
    Andy wrote: »
    Thrilled to have you, Harry!

I'm even more thrilled to be going. :smo

This a trip of a life time.
    Harry
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    Harry going on Safari = Painful anticipation of world-class wildlife shots :D
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    This looks so awesome! I need to find some sponsors lol3.gif
    edited July 2, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    Harry going on Safari = Painful anticipation of world-class wildlife shots :D

And, no squirrels!
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2010
    for sale
    car, motorbike, kidney (two if necessary)... funds needed for african trip wings.gif
  • dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2010
    seriously.....this trip would be a dream come true....too bad real life is getting in the way. Even with that said, I can not wait to see the pics from this awesome adventure :D
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
    edited July 20, 2010
    And, no squirrels!

If that was only true but alas the foul beasts infest Africa too. :cry
    Harry
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2010
    I would love to do thisiloveyou.gif
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    i wonder if i can sell my kids into indentured servitude to come up with an extra $25 or $30 grand?
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • MalteMalte Registered Users Posts: 1,181 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2010
    Better buy some scratchies on the way home... :D

Congratulations Harry! thumb.gif

Malte
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2010
    There are still a couple of spots left for this amazing trip of a lifetime, but we're nearly full up. So if you want in, now's the time. Yes, it's a year away, but we're already finalizing plans for this incredible trip.

Yeah we know this is a huge deal - and of course, we're happy to talk to anyone personally by phone who wants to talk with us. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited October 15, 2010
    DavidTO wrote: »
    There are still a couple of spots left for this amazing trip of a lifetime, but we're nearly full up. So if you want in, now's the time. Yes, it's a year away, but we're already finalizing plans for this incredible trip.

Yeah we know this is a huge deal - and of course, we're happy to talk to anyone personally by phone who wants to talk with us. thumb.gif

One more person just signed up :D Gonna be an awesome trip, can't wait. Woop!
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2010
    Update:

We're a definite go on this trip, just sent in the deposit to the safari company! clap.gif Marc and Andy are reserving their flights, and buying new lenses! We've still got a couple of spots left, so if you're interested, let us know.
    Moderator Emeritus
    edited November 5, 2010
    Not since I've been a kid have I been crazy with anticipation over something like I am right now. And it's still 11 months away! wings.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 5, 2010
    DavidTO wrote: »
    Marc and Andy are reserving their flights, and buying new lenses!
    What did they get? ear.gif
    edited November 8, 2010
    kdog wrote: »
    What did they get? ear.gif

I'm still shopping :D But I need something long. I may in fact get a Nikon and 200-400 f/4 VR if Canon doesn't come up with something along those lines.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited November 8, 2010
    I'm still shopping :D But I need something long. I may in fact get a Nikon and 200-400 f/4 VR if Canon doesn't come up with something along those lines.
    Yeah, I was wondering if you had actually gotten it yet. Of course if you go that route, you're gonna need a Nikon DX3 to attach to it. naughty.gif
    edited November 8, 2010

I just got my 200-400 last week. clap.gif
    Harry
    edited November 8, 2010

Yeah, nice Harry. I'm probably going to rent a D3x and the 200-400 VR for the trip.
    edited November 8, 2010
    Oh, #8 just signed up for the trip, for real, there are only 2 spots left. I know the trip is 11 months away, but we're nearly filled. Just FYI.
  • Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2010

WTG Harry!

I have used that lens with a D3 on several shoots and it leaves no room for excusesdeal.gif
    edited November 9, 2010
    WTG Harry!

I have used that lens with a D3 on several shoots and it leaves no room for excusesdeal.gif

It is a sweet lens now I'm just hoping that Nikon will come out with the D4 before the trip.

Then I will have to decide on a back-up camera, get a new head for my monopod for the 200-400, figure out what form of camera support to get for the trip (besides bean bags), and get a bunch of higher capacity CF cards. This excursion is getting more expensive by the day. With all of that I have no room for excuses.

If anything goes wrong I'll just blame Andy.
    Harry
  • thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2010
    I can't decide what's best for my sanity, knowing about these workshops or not knowing about them!?

Sigh.

Looks like it will be an absolute classic.

Charlie
    edited November 16, 2010
    thebigsky wrote: »
    I can't decide what's best for my sanity, knowing about these workshops or not knowing about them!?

Sigh.

Looks like it will be an absolute classic.

Charlie
    Got a spot for you Charlie! And from where I sit, you're half-way to Nairobi already :D

How have you been? ear.gif
  • thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited November 18, 2010
    Got a spot for you Charlie! And from where I sit, you're half-way to Nairobi already :D

How have you been? ear.gif

Well that's true, plus jet lag won't be an issue, however I think dreaming about this trip is the closest I'm going to get.

Been fine, lost my mojo when it comes to photography but hoping the bug will bite again soon. I hope you're well, must try and re-engage with the forum.

Charlie