Fun with the A, B, C's ...

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited May 5, 2012 in People
Ashley, Britney, & Courtney that is. I've known these girls since they were very young and are a lot of fun to be around. They sure keep you on your guard as they like to play pranks from time to time. Their mom, whom is also a good friend, asked me if I could take a few photos of the girls for her to give to her mom for mothers day.

#1 All 3 on the gazebo in the local park.
041912-6-L.jpg

#2 Courtney & Britney showing some attitude.
041912-11-L.jpg

#3 Ashley
041912-13-L.jpg

#4 All 3. This was mom's idea.
041912-15-L.jpg

#5 One of my favorites of all three girls.
041912-17-L.jpg

#6 Ashley with her step sister Rylee. We tried everything in the book to get Rylee to smile, but it was just not going to happen. This was my favorite of her.
050212-2-L.jpg

As always, C&C welcomed as I am contantly working on improving. I think I have made some progress with the help of the fine people here at dGrin.

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• GothamGotham Registered Users Posts: 187 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2012
    Gary, looks like you have a great vibe with the kids, which is great. Technically though, all these shots except the last one are significantly underexposed and heavily tinted magenta (the last one is a tad over exposed and the color is very cool). You definitely need to get more light on your subjects' faces, but I suspect you also need to calibrate your monitor so you can make adjustments correctly. A shot like #5 is very tough unless you have your own light source since the girl in front is getting some sunlight on her face but the other two are in the shadows.
  • reyvee61reyvee61 Registered Users Posts: 1,877 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2012
    Looks like a fun shoot and it's even more so when you have pranksters :D
    Yo soy Reynaldo
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    Gotham wrote: »
    Gary, looks like you have a great vibe with the kids, which is great. Technically though, all these shots except the last one are significantly underexposed and heavily tinted magenta (the last one is a tad over exposed and the color is very cool). You definitely need to get more light on your subjects' faces, but I suspect you also need to calibrate your monitor so you can make adjustments correctly. A shot like #5 is very tough unless you have your own light source since the girl in front is getting some sunlight on her face but the other two are in the shadows.

Thanks for taking the time to view and comment on my photos. This is how I learn from my mistakes. I was out today to shoot our local Cherry Blossom Festival and noticed a few settings in the camera was changed, and changed them back to my normal settings. Also, you are probably correct that I need to calibrate the monitor on this laptop. I recently had a problem, and had to format the HD and reinstall everything, so the monitor might be off a little bit. Once I get everything back to normal, I'll revisit these and repost. Once again, thanks for your time.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    reyvee61 wrote: »
    Looks like a fun shoot and it's even more so when you have pranksters :D

Yes, they are loads of fun. The youngest of the 3 is the biggest prankster, and the most athletic, so I have to be on my toes around her.

GaryB
    GaryB