#100 C&C Please

MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
edited April 15, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
I took a number of pictures of a boat. I did some post processing on one of them. I just wanted to get some feedback. Is it good for the theme? I would appreciate any comments.

DSC8217Edited1-001-M.jpg

Comments

• rteest42rteest42 Registered Users Posts: 540 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2012
    It's a lovely shot. I have a photo very similar that was taken in that era! But. There would be NO color at all, so totally kill the saturation!
  • slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,189 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2012
    I like the processing. Color did exist in 1912, but it was very expensive and thus rarely used. The 'average' photograph was still black & white or sepia.

For me, the sailboat is still a bit too close to center for me, but I really like that there is another sailboat in the distance. Maybe crop out some of the water in the foreground?

Sherry
  • MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2012
    Thanks, I will change it. I would agree, but since I saw a little of color in some pictures from that era, I left some assuming this photo be one of those unique photos of that era :) I would agree with the boat in middle, but I did not like to loose the reflection and wanted to see your comments. I will cut it. Now I see after the crop actually I lost the exif file.???!!!
  • MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2012
    Here is my latest version. Would greatly appreciate any comments...

DSC8217Edited5041-M.jpg
  • Pat664422Pat664422 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2012
    I liked the first version, I like this one more.
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited April 14, 2012
    Beautiful!
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited April 15, 2012
    Very nice. Good revision, too. I wonder if you can get any detail back in the sail highlights. That a pretty big central bright area in an otherwise midtoned photo. Not sure the sail itself should be such an center of attraction.

Mostly, I want to go sail now. But with a bit more wind than they appeared to have!
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug