Smugmug uploader makes a big mess (170 duplicates)

2»

Comments

• SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    sujit1779 wrote: »
    Hey I don't know if it ok to write here. But we have a product PicBackMan which helps you to upload thousands of pictures without duplicates. You can download it at www.picbackman.com

Sujit
    Disclosure : I am involved with PicBackMan as a developer.
    Interesting software! Thank you for sharing. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • sujit1779sujit1779 Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited August 24, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    Interesting software! Thank you for sharing. thumb.gif

Thanks Samir :-)
  • RolandPRolandP Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 11, 2012
    I'm adding to this post even though it's been silent for a while. I recently shot a job in both JPG and RAW, uploaded the JPG files so the clients could see them sooner. My intention was to replace those JPG files in the gallery with ones created from the RAW files later. The uploader didn't recognize the new files, with identical names, as duplicates and proceeded to add 500 new files. Not good! Turns out that the original files were named *.JPG and the new files were *.jpg and the uploader is case sensitive. At least that is what I've been told by a support person.

Hopefully this helps somebody out there. I know I could have used that information last night while clients were looking at images and surely adding things to their shopping cart.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2012
    RolandP wrote: »
    I'm adding to this post even though it's been silent for a while. I recently shot a job in both JPG and RAW, uploaded the JPG files so the clients could see them sooner. My intention was to replace those JPG files in the gallery with ones created from the RAW files later. The uploader didn't recognize the new files, with identical names, as duplicates and proceeded to add 500 new files. Not good! Turns out that the original files were named *.JPG and the new files were *.jpg and the uploader is case sensitive. At least that is what I've been told by a support person.

Hopefully this helps somebody out there. I know I could have used that information last night while clients were looking at images and surely adding things to their shopping cart.

Get Star*Explorer trial and remove the duplicates.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2013
    jfriend wrote: »
    The @#$%^& Smugmug uploader made a big mess today.

Your problem seems to be caused by a outdated version of the jfriend slideshow.

(sorry :P)
    Todd - My Photos
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2013
    racer wrote: »
    Your problem seems to be caused by a outdated version of the jfriend slideshow.

(sorry :P)
    Huh?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • racerracer Registered Users Posts: 333 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2013
    jfriend wrote: »
    Huh?

It was a joke! (in reference to threads like the login issues thread)
    Todd - My Photos