Publish to Facebook - Beta 2. Now with Pages!

Comments

• MomaZunkMomaZunk Registered Users Posts: 421 Major grins
    edited March 20, 2012
    I am very interested in this issue(KentFrost) as well. I am in the middle of baseball season.
  • racecarshotsracecarshots Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2012
    Came here because this was working ok this afternoon, now I lost the ability to share to facebook on mine at all. Fiddling with code this evening or did something break?
  • JGilchristJGilchrist Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 21, 2012
    KentFrost wrote: »
    Awesome! Sorry to be such a pain, but I've had literally hundreds of people in the past few days contacting me about this (just recently shot and posted a huge event, which is why this became apparent to me). I guess I never realized how valuable the tagging function really was until this happened.

Thanks again for the prompt response!

I am also experiencing the exact same problem with the exact same characteristics. I have tested manual upload and tagging works, but when uploading via the SmugMug uploader only the page admins can tag. I work for a community theater and tagging photos by cast & crew has a huge impact on our ticket sales. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
  • Photobot3000Photobot3000 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 25, 2012
    Same issue - albums are not taggable
    JGilchrist wrote: »
    I am also experiencing the exact same problem with the exact same characteristics. I have tested manual upload and tagging works, but when uploading via the SmugMug uploader only the page admins can tag. I work for a community theater and tagging photos by cast & crew has a huge impact on our ticket sales. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

We're experiencing the exact same issue - any galleries published via this plugin are not taggable despite all facebook settings being set correctly. This started around a week or two ago and we've been hammered with complaints about it.

I've attempted to contact Facebook support numerous times but no one has ever gotten back to me.
    I'm happy to provide any information necessary in order to get this resolved. This functionality is essential to our business.

www.facebook.com/photobot3000
    edited March 26, 2012
    Any updates?
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2012
    I've been retained by an event to develop a fb page for their event since I create a majority of the content for such a site. I have a couple of questions:
    1. Is the tagging issue figured out yet, or are we still in the diagnosis phase?
    2. When will a 'you are not the owner of this album' message occur?
    3. What is the authentication method between SM and FB? Ie, are they linking based on email address, individual logins via oauth, what exactly?
    4. Will this tool work for a fb business account that is the page admin?
    5. Does this tool require that the email address of the fb page admin be the same as the SM one?
    Thank you in advance for the answers.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • fauxtoefauxtoe Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited March 28, 2012
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    Hi Kent

Scott and I are from Smugmug. He asked for info that would help us determine what we might have to do differently to make this work for you. I just tested this with my own page ( http://www.facebook.com/Miikka.Skaffari.Photography ) and verified the same functionality as you described. When I publish pictures to my profile the tagging is available. We are investigating more.

Hey DGrinners....and Hero's - Wanted to add, since this is in Beta at this point - I have had the same complication when having other FB Users tag photos. I have tested from 2 different personal FB accounts to verify this was not a FB setting. I have attached a screenshot of my business page and I have selected tags to be available. I can tag photos on my business page when logged in as my personal account.

Look forward to an update with fixes. In addition, fixes for being logged in to my business page and sharing via Smug Mug to Facebook.

Thanks for reading - Hope everyone is well.
    ~Brandi Fitzgerald, Fauxtoe.
  • KentFrostKentFrost Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited March 28, 2012
    Came here because this was working ok this afternoon, now I lost the ability to share to facebook on mine at all. Fiddling with code this evening or did something break?

I've noticed this as well, but if you go to smugmug.com/darkroom (or [yourdomain].com/darkroom if you have it set up that way), simply re-click the "Join" button.
    I've been having to do this every time I post a new gallery. Is that a cookies setting, perhaps?
    "Your brain; the most complicated thing in the world, which you yourself grew, without even thinking about it." ~Alan Watts

www.kentfrostphoto.com
    edited March 29, 2012
    Any updates? Does this work yet?
    (The "Publish to Facebook" option is still there for me and never went away)
  • MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2012
    I've noticed this as well, but if you go to smugmug.com/darkroom (or [yourdomain].com/darkroom if you have it set up that way), simply re-click the "Join" button.
    I've been having to do this every time I post a new gallery. Is that a cookies setting, perhaps?

Yes, this is cookied option until we iron out the last issues with Facebook Publishing
    edited March 29, 2012
    fauxtoe wrote: »
    Hey DGrinners....and Hero's - Wanted to add, since this is in Beta at this point - I have had the same complication when having other FB Users tag photos. I have tested from 2 different personal FB accounts to verify this was not a FB setting. I have attached a screenshot of my business page and I have selected tags to be available. I can tag photos on my business page when logged in as my personal account.

Look forward to an update with fixes. In addition, fixes for being logged in to my business page and sharing via Smug Mug to Facebook.

Thanks for reading - Hope everyone is well.
    ~Brandi Fitzgerald, Fauxtoe.

We are working with Facebook on the tagging issue. Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing
  • jhofkerjhofker Registered Users Posts: 136 Major grins
    edited March 30, 2012
    Trying to publish a few photos from a gallery to FB right now and I'm getting "Uh Oh! We've encountered an error, if the error persists, please contact support." IE10 and Firefox 11 are giving the same error. (I'll contact support if you'd prefer :-) )
    edited April 2, 2012
    Also, I'd love to send even larger photos to Facebook via this tool (since they can, apparently, handle them now). Any plans there?
    edited April 3, 2012
    This tagging problem is killing me. I had no idea how reliant my business was on this plug-in until it stopped working properly.

Please solve this soon!
    edited April 17, 2012
    Support helped me get my issue solved. Default posting permissions for the SmugMug app in FB needs to be "public", I guess.
  • fauxtoefauxtoe Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited April 17, 2012
    biz vs personal
    I do not have this problem with uploading from SmugMug to a personal FB album. This is only an issue when uploading to my biz page. There is no accesibility to change app settings from inside a 'page'. sigh.
    Keep the info coming! Hoping for a resolve soon! :)
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    I've been retained by an event to develop a fb page for their event since I create a majority of the content for such a site. I have a couple of questions:
    1. Is the tagging issue figured out yet, or are we still in the diagnosis phase?
    2. When will a 'you are not the owner of this album' message occur?
    3. What is the authentication method between SM and FB? Ie, are they linking based on email address, individual logins via oauth, what exactly?
    4. Will this tool work for a fb business account that is the page admin?
    5. Does this tool require that the email address of the fb page admin be the same as the SM one?
    Thank you in advance for the answers.
    Bump for answers.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • jamieratjamierat Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2012
    I Don't see Smugmug listed as one of my apps...
  • KentFrostKentFrost Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited April 19, 2012
    Are there any updates on the tagging issue? I've been having to upload a graphic to appear after every so many photos in a Facebook gallery to remind people about the info on print purchasing on my SmugMug page, as this is the only way I can make that info known. The ability to have SmugMug purchasing links in the captions of my FB pics is extremely invaluable and I can't use it until this is fixed.
    "Your brain; the most complicated thing in the world, which you yourself grew, without even thinking about it." ~Alan Watts

www.kentfrostphoto.com
  • LiquidElephantLiquidElephant Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2012
    I've found that I couldn't even get the 'Join' button up using my default browser - Safari 5.1.5 on Mac OS X 10.7.3.

The SmugMug interface box came up to tell me that I'd need to link my account, but there was no Join button. Weirdly I did a Command + A to select all and see if the button was there but the graphic was not, and I got text at the bottom of the window saying '5 / 200 Photos selected'

I loaded up Firefox, and that worked absolutely fine. With the FB account now linked, I went back to Safari and tried again, and was told that I needed to link my FB account again. I tried one more time, and it said that I had no 3rd party sites linked, and that I should go 'be Social!' but with no actual link displayed to suggest what I should do next ...
  • LiquidElephantLiquidElephant Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited April 22, 2012
    I'm now getting exactly the same thing in Firefox, after successfully publishing a number of galleries.
    edited April 24, 2012
    Are there any updates on the tagging issue? I've been having to upload a graphic to appear after every so many photos in a Facebook gallery to remind people about the info on print purchasing on my SmugMug page, as this is the only way I can make that info known. The ability to have SmugMug purchasing links in the captions of my FB pics is extremely invaluable and I can't use it until this is fixed.

seconded!!!
    this is killing me
    edited April 24, 2012
    seconded!!!
    this is killing me

We have an open issue at Facebook about this and we are constantly following up and trying to find alternative ways to fix this. I feel your frustration with the tagging issue and I would love to get it solved as urgently as you do. Sorry for the delay with this.
  • WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2012
    My question is about images published to FB (on pages OR personal profiles) that are already internally geo-tagged (such as SmartPhone images, which for me are the only internally tagged photos I have at the moment). So far, none of the locations has automatically shown up on FB, although they do show up here on SmugMug. To have them show on FB, I'd have to manually add an address in FB's editing option. So, should they be showing up automatically? It sure would be handy! If not, I wondered if there's any plan to have this happen? Of course, I do not know if it's a FB issue or a SmugMug issue... Thanks for any info.
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
    edited May 3, 2012
    Another piece of the FACEBOOK PAGE not-able-to-tag puzzle???
    When I share a link to a gallery on my Page using "Be Social", the share button is missing in the post on my subscribers pages. So my followers cannot re-share.

If I copy the link and paste it into a post on facebook, the share button is there. The title is not as nice:It is the image file name with the page title metadata, but the share button is available this way, and the thumbnail is nicer.
  • WinsomeWorksWinsomeWorks Registered Users Posts: 1,935 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2012
    My question is about images published to FB (on pages OR personal profiles) that are already internally geo-tagged (such as SmartPhone images, which for me are the only internally tagged photos I have at the moment). So far, none of the locations has automatically shown up on FB, although they do show up here on SmugMug. To have them show on FB, I'd have to manually add an address in FB's editing option. So, should they be showing up automatically? It sure would be handy! If not, I wondered if there's any plan to have this happen? Of course, I do not know if it's a FB issue or a SmugMug issue... Thanks for any info.

Any answers to this? I have more photos going up that are geo-tagged already; would really like to know if those locations could be made to show up....
    Anna Lisa Yoder's Images - http://winsomeworks.com ... Handmade Photo Notecards: http://winsomeworks.etsy.com ... Framed/Matted work: http://anna-lisa-yoder.artistwebsites.com/galleries.html ... Scribbles: http://winsomeworks.blogspot.com
    DayBreak, my Folk Music Group (some free mp3s!) http://daybreakfolk.com
  • CindyCindy Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2012
    publish video???
    Will the ability to share/publish videos to our facebook page be added? I'm currently testing out animoto (& other slideshow video services) & after exporting a video back to my smugmug site I discovered publishing via this isn't possible :-( or am I missing something? Thanks!
    Cindy Colbert (Utterback) • Wishing You Co-Bear Love, Hugs & Laughter!!!
  • J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2012
    I'm getting this screen, how do I connect?

p87L.png
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2012
    J Allen wrote: »
    I'm getting this screen, how do I connect?
    What browser version and operating system do you use? Make sure your browser is set to accept all cookies.
    Are you logged into Facebook already? If not, go to www.facebook.com and try logging in there first before attempting to publish to Facebook again.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2012
    What browser version and operating system do you use? Make sure your browser is set to accept all cookies.
    Are you logged into Facebook already? If not, go to www.facebook.com and try logging in there first before attempting to publish to Facebook again.

Looks like it was a bad cookie on my end...all fixed now thumb.gif
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site