Problem with images.get on v1.2.2?

SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
I have a script that I paid to develop that will mass collect images from one gallery to another. It does this by looping through the images from an album and collecting them one at a time from the source gallery to the destination.

It worked fine in the past, but today it's doing something weird where it starts to duplicate images after a certain point. The only thing I can think of is an inadvertent change in the api that is causing this problem.

Anyone else using v1.2.2 and getting weird results?
Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!

Comments

• rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2012
    Looking at your account details, I can still see attempts at using the outdated 1.2.0 API as well (in combination with phpSmug/2.0.2 which is also outdated). Can you make sure that your script is only using 1.2.2 or higher?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    Which API key are you referring to? I have two different ones--one of which you can refer to as 'newer' and the other as 'older'.

One of these is probably using the old versions without problems.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    Which API key are you referring to? I have two different ones--one of which you can refer to as 'newer' and the other as 'older'.

One of these is probably using the old versions without problems.

From what I can tell it seems to be the Random image app that's still using that old api.

That said, when did you last use your other app? I don't see any indication that you did so in at least the last 30 days.
    I would recommend that you look for a debug option to allow you to get more details on what exactly is happening / going wrong.

Note that I'm no developer or API expert, but if you post more details, others may be able to chime in with suggestions.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
    edited October 12, 2012
    Yeah, and that ran into a problem where curl couldn't find the image path in the http header, so I had to redo it for that. Then the 6 digit key came along and I turned it off until I had time to work on it. Hence the lack of use. :( The API version may have had something to do it with it too, so I'll update that when I get to coding again.

There's not really a debug option of any sort. I only figured out the API version it was using from reading the raw code.

The reason I think it's the API vs the code is that the API versions are usually working, even when not the newest one. And the function it's using is something that's been around from almost 1.0, so I'm guessing something broke on the API during a recent update. But I'm not sure. I'm sure someone else out there is using the same version and method, so I'm hoping to get some feedback.
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 16, 2012
    There has been no API updates recently.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited October 17, 2012
    devbobo wrote: »
    There has been no API updates recently.
    Thank you for the information. Any reason why images.get on v1.2.2 might be returning something other than a full array of images? Something usually doesn't just break like this when it was working fine before. headscratch.gif
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 17, 2012
    How about providing some specific information like AlbumIDs instead of open ended questions ?
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
    edited October 20, 2012
    Okay, let's just repeat what I did and see what happens. Keep in mind this used to work fine, and did even just a few months back.

Goto www.huntsvillecarscene.com/smug
    Choose Mass Collect Images
    Enter in the destination account information and leave the source blank
    Use this link for source: http://natureshots.smugmug.com/gallery/25790523_254Zvv
    And use your destination gallery link for the destination.
    Click on 'start collecting' and watch for a duplicate filename in the images collected--that's the problem.

The code is simply enumerating the array of images, so I'm guessing the problem is in there somewhere. I would suspect the code except that it's worked very well in the past for galleries even much larger than this one. ne_nau.gif Any assistance appreciated.
  • David PLDavid PL Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2012
    SamirD wrote: »
    Okay, let's just repeat what I did and see what happens. Keep in mind this used to work fine, and did even just a few months back.

Goto www.huntsvillecarscene.com/smug
    Choose Mass Collect Images
    Enter in the destination account information and leave the source blank
    Use this link for source: http://natureshots.smugmug.com/gallery/25790523_254Zvv
    And use your destination gallery link for the destination.
    Click on 'start collecting' and watch for a duplicate filename in the images collected--that's the problem.

The code is simply enumerating the array of images, so I'm guessing the problem is in there somewhere. I would suspect the code except that it's worked very well in the past for galleries even much larger than this one. ne_nau.gif Any assistance appreciated.

It looks like the source album you have linked above has several duplicates of the same files itself. That would most likely be why your code would be collecting duplicates if it is just collecting every image from that album. Here is an example from a quick look at your linked album of two images in that album that are the same (both are "IMG_0001.jpg" and appear to be the same image):

1) http://natureshots.smugmug.com/Cars/Speakerbox-Car-Show-2012/25790523_254Zvv#!i=2134027725&k=DsDPkvL&lb=1&s=A

2) http://natureshots.smugmug.com/Cars/Speakerbox-Car-Show-2012/25790523_254Zvv#!i=2134264424&k=shKbTh4&lb=1&s=A
    edited October 21, 2012
    David PL wrote: »
    It looks like the source album you have linked above has several duplicates of the same files itself. That would most likely be why your code would be collecting duplicates if it is just collecting every image from that album. Here is an example from a quick look at your linked album of two images in that album that are the same (both are "IMG_0001.jpg" and appear to be the same image):

1) http://natureshots.smugmug.com/Cars/Speakerbox-Car-Show-2012/25790523_254Zvv#!i=2134027725&k=DsDPkvL&lb=1&s=A

2) http://natureshots.smugmug.com/Cars/Speakerbox-Car-Show-2012/25790523_254Zvv#!i=2134264424&k=shKbTh4&lb=1&s=A
    :bash :bash :bash

Thank you so much! It never occurred to me to check the source album for dupes. :bash

Great to know the script is still working fine. thumb.gif