Question: Is there any way to set the image settings to original only?

andytoandyto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 16, 2012 in SmugMug Support
Hello all,

I sort of do event photography and have noticed that my pictures have been ruined by the different image sizes. What I want is for my pictures to be downloaded as "Original" only. I upload them at about 1024x680 for each photo. The reason why I upload them at those dimensions is so that it could be uploaded quickly.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2012
    Hello, and welcome. Are you offering downloads for sale? If so, then only offer the "Original" size downloads in your price list.
    There is no other way to suppress or stop the display copy sizes we make from being shown. But if you want originals to be downloaded freely in your galleries, then you'd enable originals in your gallery settings and turn protection off. Then viewers will have a save photo icon when they hover over the main photo in a gallery.

As an aside, I'd love to see what you mean by example of a photo that is ruined by our display copies, can you share a link? ear.gif
  • andytoandyto Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2012
    Andy wrote: »
    Hello, and welcome. Are you offering downloads for sale? If so, then only offer the "Original" size downloads in your price list.
    There is no other way to suppress or stop the display copy sizes we make from being shown. But if you want originals to be downloaded freely in your galleries, then you'd enable originals in your gallery settings and turn protection off. Then viewers will have a save photo icon when they hover over the main photo in a gallery.

As an aside, I'd love to see what you mean by example of a photo that is ruined by our display copies, can you share a link? ear.gif

Hello,

I am not offering my photos for sale. Aghh sounds like there's no other way to work around it. I'm paid by the venue and the pictures free to the public.

By me saying "pictures being ruined" is referring towards something like Instagram. When you post a picture saved off of Smugmug in the S settings, it makes it pixelated. What i'm trying to do is give my viewers only one way of downloading pictures in one size.
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    As Andy said, you can offer free downloads. Just set the gallery to 'largest size' original and 'protected' no. Then visitors can download a photo via the save photo button as shown in method 1 here. That's always at the original size.

You could also include instructions on how to download in the gallery description of a gallery.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero