How To Bulk Delete SmugMug Galleries?

GSPerkinsGSPerkins Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 23, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I just tried to migrate all my albums over from Phanfare using Smugglr. The first time, it didn't complete, so I had to try it again. After the third attempt, I think it worked, but it duplicated/triplicated all my albums (hundreds). So now I'm looking for a method to delete all of them and start over, without going into each individual gallery and selecting 'Delete Gallery'. This will take days. Any suggestions/tools?

Thank you.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited July 4, 2008
    GSPerkins wrote:
    I just tried to migrate all my albums over from Phanfare using Smugglr. The first time, it didn't complete, so I had to try it again. After the third attempt, I think it worked, but it duplicated/triplicated all my albums (hundreds). So now I'm looking for a method to delete all of them and start over, without going into each individual gallery and selecting 'Delete Gallery'. This will take days. Any suggestions/tools?
    You could try SmugBrowser. You will still need to delete the galleries individually, but it's as simple as selecting the gallery in a tree structure, right-clicking, and selecting delete. I'm sure that this will be much faster than deleting each gallery individually directly within smug.

SmugBrowser is available at http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=47484.

--- Denise
  • hanerhaner Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2008
    I had a similar issue on a trial account where I've tried to migrate from zenfolio. After a few tries, I had double of every gallery and it's a pain deleting them one by one. Support informed me the best thing to do is to have them cancel it on their end, and then sign up for a free trial again. This was easy enough for me to do so I agreed.
  • gillatgillat Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    I'm trying to erase everything in my account, so that I could start fresh (smuggl'ing).

I had one category that had TONS of albums in it. When I pressed Delete, it didn't confirm that it's going to delete, and so far, everything is still there.

Is it just going to take a long time and am I being impatient, or is it some sort of a safety mechanism, to prevent people from mass deleting everything?

If there is an easier way to bulk delete everything in my account, let me know :-)
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Try emailing smugmug. They probably have tools to allow them to bulk delete all of your photos...
  • gillatgillat Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited May 23, 2009
    Yup, emailed Andy Williams and David Parry...

Thx :-)