Geo Information from API?

pmondaypmonday Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
I am starting to make some progress with JSON but am waiting for the callback. BUT, I've now run into my next issue.

The RSS feed contains geo:long and geo:lat information, I am not seeing this from the API at all. The logical place for the information would be smugmug.images.getInfo somewhere in the result structure. No luck according to the documentation.

Did I miss something or is the 1.2.0 result modified to include geo information?

Thanks,
Paul

Comments

• devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 9, 2007
    G'day Paul,

You are correct that it's not currently there. We are in the process of trying to close out all the issues on v1.2.0 so that we can formalise that as a released version.

I am also working on a lot of new functionality for v1.2.1, so I will add it to the list.

Cheers,

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • pmondaypmonday Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    devbobo wrote:
    G'day Paul,

You are correct that it's not currently there. We are in the process of trying to close out all the issues on v1.2.0 so that we can formalise that as a released version.

I am also working on a lot of new functionality for v1.2.1, so I will add it to the list.

Cheers,

David

*sigh*

Ok, I gave up the battle last night as I needed the functionality. I created the following solution:
    - Two Galleries, one for our Europe Tour, one for the U.S. tour
    - I have a "poller" that grabs the RSS feeds, turns the important information (lat, long, title, thumb, link to gallery) into JSON / JavaScript and uploads it to an intermediate site
    - The maps on blogs.sun.com/blackbox import the JavaScript as the values for the map "pins"

As soon as you have the geocodes and the JSON Callback in, I will patch it up to be direct to Smug...thanks for the quick feedback and future enhancements.
  • pmondaypmonday Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2007
    One more item, I posted how I did the Project Blackbox map mashup w/ Google/SmugMug to my own blog at http://blogs.sun.com/pmonday

I really appreciate the obvious enjoyment you all seem to have for your work and your dedication to improvement and helping the developer community. It is exciting.

Paul
  • devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 11, 2007
    The JSONCallback parameter is now live.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos