Mac or Windows? Feeling Down

124»

Comments

• Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    You got it backwards, my friend, the "in" crowd is not the ignorant masses, but the select few that have some special knowledge that others are lacking...:D

headscratch.gif Ya mean the brainwashed are the "in" crowd now? Brainwashing is the new black I heard.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
    edited February 2, 2006
    rutt wrote:
    Just to keep things in perspective (and to make sure that there is an infinite amount of computer design and programming left to do.)

Mathematically speaking, there will always be an infinite amount of programming left to do. There are after all an infinite number of meaningful ways you can arrange the various characters we use to make software. Of course, it's a discrete number so it is the smallest of the infinities, but it is still infinity.

edited February 2, 2006
    marlof wrote:
    and don't believe in unconditional enthousiasm for tech products by multinationals.

EXACTLY!

• ThusieThusie Registered Users Posts: 1,818 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    mercphoto wrote:
    I

I would be surprised if Apple Works didn't open Publisher files, however.

It won't. Believe me if it did I'd own it:D In all honesty that is the ONLY win program I miss, so much more fun than Word and more versatile, to me anyway.

Have ran Office Pro since 97-98ne_nau.gif on a Win box and have been much more pleased with Office on the Mac.

While I don' think the virus stuff is overhyped on PC's, the I love you virus still shows up now and again, quite a bit is caused by folks not paying attention. Go to sites like BBR and there are still folks running wide open, quite sad actually.
  • sebpaynesebpayne Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    I love my Macs. After this whole debate, I come back to sqaure one. They are great. Sure, they have bad points but I get round them. Just when everyone I know uses PCs, it is discouraging not being able to 'join in' conversations relating to programmes, hacks and the usual rubbish.

Does anyone else find this? Thanks Again for all the comments!

Seb
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    sebpayne wrote:
    I love my Macs. After this whole debate, I come back to sqaure one. They are great. Sure, they have bad points but I get round them. Just when everyone I know uses PCs, it is discouraging not being able to 'join in' conversations relating to programmes, hacks and the usual rubbish.

Does anyone else find this?
    No. For one, most my friends are on Macs. For two, its just too much fun to poke fun at Windows users anyway. And for three, I work with computers all day. When I leave work I tend to talk about things other than computers. Because talking about computers in the after hours reminds me too much about work, and that's just plain wrong. :)
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • sebpaynesebpayne Registered Users Posts: 73 Big grins
    edited February 2, 2006
    mercphoto wrote:
    No. For one, most my friends are on Macs. For two, its just too much fun to poke fun at Windows users anyway. And for three, I work with computers all day. When I leave work I tend to talk about things other than computers. Because talking about computers in the after hours reminds me too much about work, and that's just plain wrong. :)

Well, my two passions are computers and photography. I don't often talk about computers (at the risk of becoming too much of a geek/nerd) at school. Ocasionally, photography comes into the conversation but I limit myself on how much detail I talk about.

Seb
  • NHBubbaNHBubba Registered Users Posts: 342 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2006
    sebpayne wrote:
    Just when everyone I know uses PCs, it is discouraging not being able to 'join in' conversations relating to programmes, hacks and the usual rubbish.

Does anyone else find this?
    Absoloutely! I guess I'm on the other side of the spectrum from Merc here. I have family and friends that run Macs, most notably my kid sister, but the majority use PC's. Sharing files, tips, tricks, and so-on w/ them is trivial.

Don't ever worry about becomming too much of a 'geek/nerd'. Geeks and nerds may get the blunt end of the jokes in school, but out in the real world roles are reversed 9 out of 10 times! mwink.gif