Hagimit Falls, Samal Island: An Intimate Afternoon

GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited August 24, 2009 in Landscapes
Now the Idea is to explore! Its my 2nd time here in Davao and as soon as I finished my case, I'm off to Samal Island. My destination is a good 30 minute barge ride from the pier, another 30-40 minute bus drive to Penaplata and upon reaching the terminal it's another 20 minute motorcycle (habal-habal) ride into the heart of Samal. The travel going there is all worth it as I just witnessed another nature's wonder! With that in mind let me present to you an Intimate Afternoon at Hagimit Falls, Samal Island Davao.:)

#1 HAGIMIT

ISO 50/ 17mm/ f22/ 8"/ CPL/ ND GRAD .9 SE/ RT/ TP
3816461493_ee3735a96f_b.jpg
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."

Comments

• thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    Beautiful shot! thumb.gif I can see this image gracing some travel magazine cover. I wonder if you got a shot centered a little more to the left, so I can enjoy the fall in its entirety. Perhaps there was some distraction there you didn't want to show?
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • GORIOGORIO Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    This must be my favorite part of Hagimit! The water is so cool and the rocks here are really unique! Hence, giving this awesome white water formation! It just tops my list over Kawasan, Mantayupan, Katibawasan, and the other Falls I've been to!:)
    #2 MILKYWAY
    ISO 50/ 17mm/ f22/ 3"/ CPL/ REVERSE ND GRAD.9 SE/ RT/ TP/
    3816905407_b277f1d692_b.jpg
    "Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea and Ideas are Bulletproof..."
    edited August 13, 2009
    thapamd wrote:
    Beautiful shot! thumb.gif I can see this image gracing some travel magazine cover. I wonder if you got a shot centered a little more to the left, so I can enjoy the fall in its entirety. Perhaps there was some distraction there you didn't want to show?

thanks thapamd for the kind commentiloveyou.gif actually i have a full shot of that falls but just to kick off this thread i used this one instead. will be posting more soon all the best!thumb.gif
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2009
    Beautiful photos. I really like 1st shot a lot. I do have magazine cover potential !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited August 13, 2009
    Beautiful photos. I really like 1st shot a lot. I do have magazine cover potential !

wow thanks sir for that comment! all the best!clap.gif
    edited August 14, 2009
    entrance is only 20php. You need to go down 96 steps to see the 1st level/ body of water, from there a series of path walks going to the different areas of Hagimit.

#3 96 STEPS
    ISO 50/ 17mm/ f22/ 3"/ CPL/ RT/ TP/ CONVERT TO MONO
    3816902747_dbdafb52bd_b.jpg
    edited August 14, 2009

hi guys this is the original file for the 1st pic.before putting in the title.
    :D
    #4 HAGIMIT FALLS
    ISO 50/ 17mm/ f22/ 8"/ CPL/ ND GRAD .9 SE/ RT/ TP
    3817310844_500375fc7d_b.jpg
    edited August 16, 2009
    #5 SOFT STONE SERIES 1
    ISO 50/ 17mm/ f22/ 4"/ CPL/ RT/ TP
    3823809113_5c431a6e61_b.jpg
    edited August 17, 2009
    for this shot, i really like how the roots creep out on top of the soil.. gives more drama with the white water at the midground.The falls is located in the Samal District, about 2km outside of Penaplata, which would be southeast from our land on Limao.
    #6 CREEPSSS
    ISO 50/ 17mm/ f22/ 3"/ CPL/ RT/ TP
    3825193088_e358ffe996_b.jpg
    edited August 18, 2009
    “Our passions are the winds that propel our vessel. Our reason is the pilot that steers her. Without winds the vessel would not move and without a pilot she would be lost.”
    #7 TAKE A DIP
    ISO 50/ 17mm/ f18/ 4"/ ND8/ RT/ TP
    3831798069_77577c5276_b.jpg
  • rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    An incredibly beautiful set of photos of a beautiful place.

I do love #6 the best. I agree with you that the roots (and the tree) frame the photo beautifully.

I do not think I can take photos like yours in such a place. I would want to take my shoes off, put my feet in the water, and get lost in thought... But then again, if I could take such gorgeous photos, I could convince my feet to wait awhile...
    edited August 18, 2009
    rainbow wrote:
    An incredibly beautiful set of photos of a beautiful place.

I do love #6 the best. I agree with you that the roots (and the tree) frame the photo beautifully.

I do not think I can take photos like yours in such a place. I would want to take my shoes off, put my feet in the water, and get lost in thought... But then again, if I could take such gorgeous photos, I could convince my feet to wait awhile...

wow thanks rainbow! i appreciate that input!iloveyou.gif wish you could feel my excitement when i was there, atleast for taking the pictures. i hope all is well!rolleyes1.gif
  • NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    Great shots of a very beautiful area! Maybe someday I'll travel to places like this... clap.gif

I saw your tech data ("ISO 50/ 17mm/ f18/ 4"/ ND8/ RT/ TP"), but admit to getting a little lost in there....
    ISO, I get. 17mm, I get. f18, I get. 4"....?
    ND8, I get. RT? TP?

I'm kinda hoping that the stuff I missed is laying out what film/camera you took these with! I'm getting very curious!

Thanks!
    Nate
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.
    edited August 18, 2009
    NateW wrote:
    Great shots of a very beautiful area! Maybe someday I'll travel to places like this... clap.gif

I saw your tech data ("ISO 50/ 17mm/ f18/ 4"/ ND8/ RT/ TP"), but admit to getting a little lost in there....
    ISO, I get. 17mm, I get. f18, I get. 4"....?
    ND8, I get. RT? TP?

I'm kinda hoping that the stuff I missed is laying out what film/camera you took these with! I'm getting very curious!

Thanks!
    Nate

thanks nate! sorry for the mixup will try not to include TP( tripod) and Rt (Remote trigger) on the coming images. for the 4" - 4 seconds.
  • NateWNateW Registered Users Posts: 137 Major grins
    edited August 18, 2009
    GORIO wrote:
    thanks nate! sorry for the mixup will try not to include TP( tripod) and Rt (Remote trigger) on the coming images. for the 4" - 4 seconds.

It's no problem to include them, I was just lost... :) 4 seconds should have made sense to me.11doh.gif

What'd you use for camera etc., though? Colors look pretty darn nice!clap.gif
    NateW

NTWPhotos.com
    Member, Livingston County Photographers Group (http://livcophotographers.com)

If responding to a picture I've posted: please, provide constructive criticism. Destructive criticism can go take a flying leap.
    If we don't know what could be improved or could have been done differently, we'll never know how to get better at what we're doing.
    edited August 19, 2009
    thanks nate im using 5DmkII and 17-40L and the colors are really vibrant coming from a 40D before. cheers!
  • hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2009
    Very nice series. I particularly like #6 with the roots stretching out towards the water.
    edited August 19, 2009
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    Very nice series. I particularly like #6 with the roots stretching out towards the water.

thanks hawkeye, #6 is also my favorite it just frames the entire image.iloveyou.gif
    edited August 19, 2009
    The cliff at the back towers many feet above from where I'm standing! i was just in awe by looking at it!
    #8 COMEDOWN
    ISO 50/ 17mm/ f22/ 4"/ CPL
    3832938744_556b495d2c_b.jpg
    edited August 24, 2009
    “Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek.”

#9 DOWNSTREAM
    ISO 50 l 17mm l f19 l 2" l CPL
    3832685127_36d37d8782_b.jpg