HS Baseball...Critique needed.

OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
edited April 27, 2012 in Sports
Here are two captures from a game yesterday. Different frames and crops from the same burst. I can't decide which one I want to use in my gallery. I am torn between #1 which captures more of a complete image and #2 which is a tighter crop and maybe is a little more dramatic. :dunno

Any comments will be greatly appreciated. :D

DSC2644a-L.jpg

DSC2645a-L.jpg

Thanks.

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Crop #1 tighter to remove some of the distracting elements at top of the frame and use that. The "drama" is the same in both images for me. You can't see the plate - and, in fact, image 1 you can see the mitt a bit. Image 1 has the benefit of not cropping off the arm of the catcher. If it's just for viewing, not ordering, you don't need to keep the aspect ratio - so no issues there.
  • OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    johng wrote: »
    Crop #1 tighter to remove some of the distracting elements at top of the frame and use that. The "drama" is the same in both images for me. You can't see the plate - and, in fact, image 1 you can see the mitt a bit. Image 1 has the benefit of not cropping off the arm of the catcher. If it's just for viewing, not ordering, you don't need to keep the aspect ratio - so no issues there.

Thanks John, I agree with your suggestions. I will work on image #1 and post the fix later for comments. bowdown.gif
  • OldGuyOldGuy Registered Users Posts: 301 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    OldGuy wrote: »
    Thanks John, I agree with your suggestions. I will work on image #1 and post the fix later for comments. bowdown.gif

This is my selected crop:

DSC2644b-L.jpg