Cannot rename a Category using smugmug.categories.rename

masterghimasterghi Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
Hi

The smugmug.categories.rename method in API 1.3.0 does not work. Even when invoked with all the required parameters it returns
invalid data (illegalCat)

The error code is not part of the ones detailed in the API docs. Is this method not supported anymore?

--Masterghi

Comments

• MSkaffariMSkaffari Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    masterghi wrote: »
    Hi

The smugmug.categories.rename method in API 1.3.0 does not work. Even when invoked with all the required parameters it returns

The error code is not part of the ones detailed in the API docs. Is this method not supported anymore?

--Masterghi

You can only rename categories you have created, not the built in ones.
  • masterghimasterghi Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 3, 2012
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    You can only rename categories you have created, not the built in ones.

That makes sense.

But I was trying to rename a category I had just created. I can rename a Sub Category just fine.

--M
    edited January 3, 2012
    That makes sense.

But I was trying to rename a category I had just created. I can rename a Sub Category just fine.

--M

I'll take a look to see what's going on.
  • masterghimasterghi Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited January 6, 2012
    MSkaffari wrote: »
    I'll take a look to see what's going on.

Did you get a chance to take a look?

--M
    edited January 6, 2012
    Did you get a chance to take a look?

--M

I verified that the reported problem does occur. Trying to get a sorcerer to apply some magic to it.
  • kevinikevini Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 11, 2012
    Same issue
    I'm building test cases for .Net api i'm writing to wrap all of the 1.3 and found this is an issue I just now ran into.

Error: invalid data (illegalCat)

Note, this is NOT a SmugMug type category, this is a User category I just previously created.
  • kevinikevini Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2012
    Not all are in the API
    Hi

--Masterghi

There are numerous codes that come back which are not in the Doc, for example data validation error codes. If codes aren't right, or if you have a badly formatted nicename, you get a different error. Just par for the course. Not sure who is in charge of keeping the doc updated. AlbumTemplates Get has a typo where it states the field coming back is AlbumTemplateName (when it is actually 'name' in the rest response)