Theme "Presences"

Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
edited April 16, 2012 in People
At the end of last year I planned a larger theme which I called "Presences".
This theme - a long running one spaning for about year - is about people who belongs to an Art Association from Setubal and their own work as artists.

I am planning to photograph each and every volunteer and at the end, I hope to be able to make an exhibition where I show, not only my own work but their own, with the publication of a book which will be able to be bought on line.

So far so good. Not very difficult as theme :)

What do you think about my first attempt ?
i-zrT7mX6-L.jpg
All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook

Comments

• RyanSRyanS Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2012
    Antonio,

This is a very nice portrait of a man wearing glasses. However, have you considered the artistic meaning of the image? With the idea of "presences" it suggests that a sense of place or presence in the "now" is important to the project. I don't feel a sense of place in this image. It is missing a sense of "now." Of occurring in this time in the "here." Emotional photography is by no means an easy thing to achieve. I applaud your effort in the area. I wish more of our peers took it as seriously. Much of your other work has such a strong sense of place and "now." It is also touched with human emotion. Particularly your B&W portraits. I know you can do it.
    Please feel free to post any reworks you do of my images. Crop, skew, munge, edit, share.
    Website | Galleries | Utah PJs
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2012
    Ryan thank you for your words.

I have to agree with you and give this theme a new and refreshing start with more commitment from the artist.

I promise to come back.

:D
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    I agree with Ryan and the subject is not flattered with the pose. His right eye seems not to be able to focus on the same spot as his left. It is not flattering.
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2012
    It is a problem he has to live with and which is not his fault.

Thank you for commenting :)

As said before, i'll be back ! :)