Options

SmugMug Bug Reporting Thread

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    ivar wrote:
    fixed thumb.gif

Ivar, big problem. When you edited the text, Smugmug's wonderful Ajax processing stripped the plus signs out of the javascript code. We now have users following that tutorial and getting bad code installed here and here. Can you or any support hero please fix up the code in that same caption that you just edited so that it's right. Hint, it is at least missing some plus signs. My guess is you might be able to edit it in the bulk caption tool and avoid the darn ajax processing that is losing the + signs.

FYI, I have complained about this issue of the ajax code stripping plus signs before, but nobody seemed to be bothered by it. It has now bitten the tutorials.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    jfriend wrote:

FYI, I have complained about this issue of the ajax code stripping plus signs before, but nobody seemed to be bothered by it.
    Bothered by it is a bad choice of words. We read and process all of your suggestions. I have given your suggestions to the sorcerers, John. I don't they can do anything about that.

Ivar will try and fix this tute as soon as possible. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Bothered by it is a bad choice of words. We read and process all of your suggestions. I have given your suggestions to the sorcerers, John. I don't they can do anything about that.

Maybe we have a disagreement then. If you all thought it was important enough to fix, it could be fixed. I said it the way I said it because I left the last conversation on this topic thinking that nobody thought it was important enough to fix it and never hearing anyone say they wanted to actually fix it.

I'm glad the tute will get fixed soon. I've now seen two users bitten by it.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Is this fixed now John? ear.gif

http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2160039_nu3PM/1/112133524_WHPN9/Large
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Maybe we have a disagreement then. If you all thought it was important enough to fix, it could be fixed.
    We'll see - JT reads this :D But I want him to do automagic customizer and some other stuff that's way far more important.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited November 29, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    I see the plus signs are back, but I don't use the code on my site so I don't have a working copy to compare it with.
    Plus's missing when I lookheadscratch.gif

function hasPath(sPath) { re = new RegExp("\/" sPath "(\/|$)"); return re.test(window.location) } if (hasPath("galleries")) YD.addClass(document.body, "galleries");
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    Plus's missing when I lookheadscratch.gif

function hasPath(sPath) { re = new RegExp("\/" sPath "(\/|$)"); return re.test(window.location) } if (hasPath("galleries")) YD.addClass(document.body, "galleries");

I agree, the code in the caption is not right. I might have been looking at the image that has the right code in it. It also lost carriage returns which make it even further messed up. The code in the caption just needs to look like the code in the image.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited November 29, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    I agree, the code in the caption is not right. I might have been looking at the image that has the right code in it. It also lost carriage returns which make it even further messed up. The code in the caption just needs to look like the code in the image.
    Alright. Ivar will fix it, I tried (using the non-ajax tool) but it didn't work. Ivar will fix it right deal.gif
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Hi guys. I still have this problem, and don't know if there is a solution or work around (different uploader?)

Any news?
    Still safari, simple, and now it is this gallery

Ann McRae wrote:
    On the last two uploads that I have made, the images are being placed in the gallery in random order. They are organized on my computer in sequential (image #) order, and uploading them in the same order has always worked flawlessly - til now. ne_nau.gif

Help? I really do not want to be organizing after upload regularly.

ann
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi guys. I still have this problem, and don't know if there is a solution or work around (different uploader?)

Any news?
    Still safari, simple, and now it is this gallery

Hi Ann,

The uploaders upload in whatever order is fastest, so sorry that they're getting scrambled. You can always set your galleries to auto-sort by filename so that the order is sequential, or you can configure it to sort by date uploaded. Either way should work. thumb.gif
  • Options
    BeemerBeemer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 30, 2008
    Recently I've been having a problem with the slideshow. If I click the slideshow button from a gallery, I'll get the full screen slideshow, but if I get the link for the slideshow from "Share", all I get is the slideshow with teeny little pictures. Here is one of the slideshow links - http://www.hometoursbyjim.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=5153288&AlbumKey=kQPeM
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Alright. Ivar will fix it, I tried (using the non-ajax tool) but it didn't work. Ivar will fix it right deal.gif

Bump. There are still customers trying to implement the faulty code.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited November 30, 2008
    If they would replace the caption with this the plus will show. However it
    needs to be pasted in each time when hitting edit or the plus disappears..
    <html>
    <center>        
    <font color=yellow><b>The Galleries Page I</b></font>
    </center>
    <br>
    For the Galleries page we are going to use one of <a href="http://www.dgrin.com/member.php?u=1150">Devbobo's</a> tricks. See the dgrin thread <a href="http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=355505#post355505">here</a>.<br>
    <br>
    What it does, in short, is it duplicates the homepage, but makes it separately adressable for us.<br>
    <br>

<b>Add this to your "Bottom javascript":</b><br>
    <br>
    <center>
    <table border=1 cellspacing =10>
    function hasPath(sPath)<br>
    {<br>
    re = new RegExp("\/" &[B]#[/B]043;  sPath &[B]#[/B]043; "(\/|$)");<br>
    return re.test(window.location)<br>
    }<br>
    <br>
    if (hasPath("galleries"))<br>
    YD.addClass(document.body, "galleries");
    </table></center>
    <br>

Now we have your <b>'normal' homepage</b> which is accessible 
    at <b>XXXXX.smugmug.com</b><br> and your <b>'duplicate' homepage</b> which 
    is accessible at <b>XXXXX.smugmug.com/galleries</b><br><br>
    <i>cavet: You can not have a cetegory named Galleries or galleries.</i>
    </html>

• Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Beemer wrote:
    Recently I've been having a problem with the slideshow. If I click the slideshow button from a gallery, I'll get the full screen slideshow, but if I get the link for the slideshow from "Share", all I get is the slideshow with teeny little pictures. Here is one of the slideshow links - http://www.hometoursbyjim.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=5153288&AlbumKey=kQPeM
    I'm seeing the large images in both of the links. How small are the ones you are seeing? Thumbs?

If you could get a screen grab that will help us to 'see' what your are seeing.
  • Options
    BeemerBeemer Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited November 30, 2008
    Well, they're not really teeny, but it's not full screen either. I've attached a screen shot.
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2008
    Hi Steph

Ya know, today I found the 'sort' button in the arrange gallery category. It works like a charm, so I have no worries any longer. Don't know if 'sort' by filename has always been an option as I didn't need it til now, but I am content to use that.

Thanks

ann
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Ann,

The uploaders upload in whatever order is fastest, so sorry that they're getting scrambled. You can always set your galleries to auto-sort by filename so that the order is sequential, or you can configure it to sort by date uploaded. Either way should work. thumb.gif
  • Options
    JASPhotoJASPhoto Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited December 1, 2008
    Site-wide Customization Problem
    I new so .... I was trying to do some Site-wide Customization - I would make a change hit update and be taken to a login screen - then hit the back button redo my change hit update and it would work. I made a few changes and 75% of the time this would happen.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Bump. There are still customers trying to implement the faulty code.

The tutorial is still busted with bad javascript code. More victims of it every hour.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    The tutorial is still busted with bad javascript code. More victims of it every hour.
    Hey John, I got your message and email - Ivar will fix it, I promise :D
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2008
    jfriend wrote:

I fixed it, I think - pls verify, John? http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2160039_nu3PM/1/112133524_WHPN9/Large

I see the + signs.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I fixed it, I think - pls verify, John? http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/2160039_nu3PM/1/112133524_WHPN9/Large

I see the + signs.

I see the + signs now. It looks fixed to me as long as nobody touches it again! Thanks.

When I read "I see the + signs", why did the phrase "I see dead people" from The Sixth Sense come popping into my head?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2008
    Popular box photo link
    Please fix the popular box photo link. I only publish my domain and clicking a
    popular photo on my homepage switches to my nickname.
    Thanks
  • Options
    ThandoThando Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Still nothing on the upload in order problem?? Mac Daddy continues to have the flu. VERy frustrating at this time of the year. Having a labprints storefront is starting to look really enticing at this point.......... nobody seems to want to address this issue? Is there a number to call?ne_nau.gif

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that someone did address this topic. I'm probably wrong.

So, for about 4 years now, we have not changed the way that the photos were uploaded and processed in any way that would change the order that your photos land in the gallery. Well, that's what I've been told. I don't mess with code at all so I know I didn't change it and I have no reason to believe that anyone at SmugMug would lie to me. If there was a change, it was inadvertent and we don't know where it happened.

When the process was adjusted about 4 years ago, we added a new sort order in the Gallery Customization settings. That sort order is Date Uploaded because some photos would not end up in the gallery the same order they were received. After we receive your photos, we have to process them. Then after we process the photos they are dropped into your gallery in that order. So, since we have hundreds of thousands of photographers, we can't just process the photos one at a time, first come first serve. We get as many photos done as soon as possible. That means that we might not get them processed in exactly the same order as we received them. So, they might not show up in your gallery in the exact order that we received them. And that is why we added the sort order for Date Uploaded. If we forced galleries to sort by Date Uploaded, we wouldn't need that sort order in the Gallery Customization Settings.

Now we realize that there are more people experiencing a different order in their galleries than they expect. We've discussed this as a company. That means everyone from the CEO on down has been involved in one way or another on this issue. But as I said, we are not sure where a change could have happened, so we don't know where to "fix" it. Until we can decide the best way to deal with this, then sorting by Date Uploaded will have to be the solution.

I'm sorry that I don't have better news for you.
  • Options
    ashishpandeyashishpandey Registered Users Posts: 100 Big grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    imgBorderOn not set when Gallery loads
    When a gallery loads for the first time (smugmug style), the thumbnail of the current image does not have the style imgBorderOn set. Once I start navigating, the style is set properly. I wanted to set the border green for the current thumbnail, but seems I can never start off correctly with the above behaviour

I don't know what photo is active, have to right arrow to next and back to see it

Is this a bug or someone thought this out as a feature? ne_nau.gif

At this point you can check any of my galleries for an example. The thumbnail border will become green only after you start navigating (happens with all browsers, whether or not I am logged in)

I posted in cutomization forum here and a few others confirmed this bug
    Ashish
    http://photography.ashishpandey.com
    smugmug ID: ashishpandey (but I prefer my domain URL above :D)
  • Options
    ScaryfoxScaryfox Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited December 3, 2008
    Banner
    Hi.
    Just realised that my banner is not working. It shows up fine when I am logged in but for others NOT logged in it doesn't show. What can I do?
    www.aperture-photos.co.uk

Thanks, Ute
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2008
    Scaryfox wrote:
    Hi.
    Just realised that my banner is not working. It shows up fine when I am logged in but for others NOT logged in it doesn't show. What can I do?
    www.aperture-photos.co.uk

Thanks, Ute
    Make sure the gallery it's in has external links on and the photo is not checked "hide".
  • Options
    DsweetDsweet Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Password protected pictures appear in slideshow
    When keywords are used to find images, as I expected, the images in password protected galleries are not returned. However, when the slideshow button is then clicked, the images from the password protected galleries are shown. This doesn't seem appropriate. Shouldn't the slideshow present the same images that are in the keyword results list?
  • Options
    edited December 8, 2008
    Dsweet wrote:
    When keywords are used to find images, as I expected, the images in password protected galleries are not returned. However, when the slideshow button is then clicked, the images from the password protected galleries are shown. This doesn't seem appropriate. Shouldn't the slideshow present the same images that are in the keyword results list?
    If you are logged in you'll see all the keywords even in passworded galleries.
    Logged off, you or visitors shouldn't see them.
  • Options
    DsweetDsweet Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    Allen wrote:
    If you are logged in you'll see all the keywords even in passworded galleries.
    Logged off, you or visitors shouldn't see them.

Yes, this is the way that I expected it to work. But it doesn't. So I think it is a bug. I am not logged in when this happens. The protected images don't show up in the keyword results, but they do in the slideshow (and they shouldn't).
  • Options
    edited December 9, 2008
    Dsweet wrote:
    Yes, this is the way that I expected it to work. But it doesn't. So I think it is a bug. I am not logged in when this happens. The protected images don't show up in the keyword results, but they do in the slideshow (and they shouldn't).
    Hello, please give me the exact keyword url on your site so I can check it out, thanks!
This discussion has been closed.