Options

SmugManager - A firefox Add-on

Comments

• Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited November 3, 2007
    Thanks, then it's definitely on the login methodology, I would love to be able to use the smugmug.com/login.mg to perform this, or at least fill in the fields automatically.

I tried doing
    http://www.smugmug.com/login.mg?username=####&password=#####

but only the username field gets filled in on the form.

you might want to try posting to the form instead of doing a GET and do it over https.
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    javier.rinaldijavier.rinaldi Registered Users Posts: 210 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yes!!!

With 4 accounts that I need to able to log into, it's a lifesaver. thumb.gif

Edit: your nav buttons on your smugmanager page include broken links (photo not found).

Yeah I noticed a few days ago the photos went missing from my gallery
    Jav

Creator of: SmugManager

"There's no dark side or the moon, really. Matter of fact it's all dark..."
  • Options
    xrisxris Registered Users Posts: 546 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2007
    Wow!
    Hey J. I downloaded SmugManager the other day. It took a couple of tries to get it working but now it's up on both Windows and Ubuntu. What a great tool! Sure wish I'd known about it some months ago!! This is the kind of 'difference' that makes Smug rock!!

Thanks for the cool tool!!

wings.gifclap.gifivarclap.gifivarclap.gifivarclap.gifbarb
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    JuliaJulia Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited December 28, 2007
    Just digging this up to say thanks!!! I finally got around to installing this last night and I'm regretting that it took me so long to! It's terrific. :D So thanks!!!! clap.gif

Julia
  • Options
    pspphotospspphotos Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited February 29, 2008
    SmugManager reset?
    somehow, my smugmanager lost it's reference file and all of my presets are gone - my account, login, bookmarks, etc. all are acting as if I've just started using it. Do you know if there's a place where I can reload that file?
    Lorrie Prothero
    Prothero Sports Photography
    http://pspphotos.net
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2008
    pspphotos wrote:
    somehow, my smugmanager lost it's reference file and all of my presets are gone - my account, login, bookmarks, etc. all are acting as if I've just started using it. Do you know if there's a place where I can reload that file?

All the smugmanager presets are stored in your firefox profile. type about:config in url field to view your profile preferences, then type "smugmanager" in the text box to show the smugmanager preferences, you should see your bookmarks there and some encrypted code for you account info.
    If these are empty then somehow your profile got reset or was replaced.
    Jav

• Options
    edited May 2, 2008
    SmugManager FF3 Solution?
    I just upgraded to FF3b5 and find SmugManager to be incompatible. Any news on an upgrade?
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    xris wrote:
    I just upgraded to FF3b5 and find SmugManager to be incompatible. Any news on an upgrade?
    thumb.gif

I updated the plugin to support the latest release. Should be available on the Mozilla site soon.
    Jav

• Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    What a great tool!!! Works like a champ.
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2008
    Doesn't work with FF3RC1 :(

David
  • Options
    edited May 18, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    Doesn't work with FF3RC1 :(

David

Now updated. Mozilla is going through builds like they're going outta style. Should be goog through 3.0.* now.
    Jav

• Options
    Erie BuoyErie Buoy Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2008
    Thanks for this great tool! I just wanted you to know that the download button on your site isn't working. It downloads a 1K file that causes the Addon installer to return an error.

I did successfully get it from the Mozilla site using the link you conveniently provided on your page.
    Explore (and add to!) smugmug co-branding on del.icio.us
  • Options
    KyleCKyleC Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    i am on a MAC using FF3 final. The plugin will not take my password, it says:
    Login Failed: Error #1: invalid login

i have checked my email and password multiple times and it is correct. What am i doing wrong here?
  • Options
    edited July 3, 2008
    KyleC wrote:
    i am on a MAC using FF3 final. The plugin will not take my password, it says:
    Login Failed: Error #1: invalid login

i have checked my email and password multiple times and it is correct. What am i doing wrong here?
    I've found some non-alphanumeric passwords don't work correctly. Change your password and it should take it :)

David
  • Options
    KyleCKyleC Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2008
    DrDavid wrote:
    I've found some non-alphanumeric passwords don't work correctly. Change your password and it should take it :)

David

HA! That did it, thanks!
  • Options
    DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2008
    If anyone downloaded FF3 and wants a prior version, to work with smugbrowser and whatnot:

Clicky for Old Firefox versions thumb.gif
  • Options
    iambackiamback Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    Javier,

SmugManager sounded extremely useful, so I went and installed it this morning. No problems there: it installed, in spite of SmugBrowser being installed (and enabled) and Fotofox being installed (and disabled: these two are mutually exclusive!).

Then I went and setup my account - at first not entering a password, fearing that would require Firefox's Master password (which I refuse to use). That gave me an error message, plus disappearance of the whole dialog, so I had to start over. :cry

Once I added my password however, it attempted to login - and gave me the feared "Invalid login". It's not.

Some digging, and I found two possible hints:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=532781&postcount=70 (using API 1.1.1)
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=864771&postcount=105 (unknown API version)

I woudl suggest you have a look at this thread ("What's going on here?") where I outline similar login problems with (by now) five different applications, two platform-based, three browser-based. Of particular interest is David's (DevBobo) suggestion the password may not be URL-encoded.

Being a (web) programmer myself, this sounds plausible to me: I have a non-alphanumeric password, because I always use strong passwords, and SmugMug accepts it just fine (so no, I'm not going to change that). But indeed, a password like that may require URL-encoding it before sending it to SmugMug.

Could you look into that, please?
    Marjolein Katsma
    Look through my eyes on Cultural Surfaces! - customizing... currently in a state between limbo and chaos
  • Options
    devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 21, 2008
    The password string should be encoded using encodeURIComponent prior to sending. thumb.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    iambackiamback Registered Users Posts: 288 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    Patch for login problems
    devbobo wrote:
    The password string should be encoded using encodeURIComponent prior to sending. thumb.gif
    Yes indeedy! Thanks for jumping in devbobo! That did the trick for SmugBrowser, and I also found where to patch SmugManager.

For those who dare (at your own risk!): the login function is found inside your plugin in chrome/content/js/smugmanager-api.js. Close (or kill) Firefox first, and make a backup of this file.

find line 56:
    var argument_string = "&EmailAddress=" + accounts.login[accounts.current] + "&Password=" + accounts.password[accounts.current] + "&APIKey=" + this.key;

replace this by these two lines:
    var password_urlencoded = encodeURIComponent(accounts.password[accounts.current]);
    var argument_string = "&EmailAddress=" + accounts.login[accounts.current] + "&Password=" + password_urlencoded + "&APIKey=" + this.key;

Save, and restart Firefox. (Works for me clap.gif)

Hopefully the next version will include this patch.
    Marjolein Katsma
    Look through my eyes on Cultural Surfaces! - customizing... currently in a state between limbo and chaos
  • Options
    edited October 21, 2008
    I'll make and test the changes as soon as I have some development time. After that I'll release the update through Mozilla.

thanks for the report,
    Jav

iamback wrote:
    Yes indeedy! Thanks for jumping in devbobo! That did the trick for SmugBrowser, and I also found where to patch SmugManager.

For those who dare (at your own risk!): the login function is found inside your plugin in chrome/content/js/smugmanager-api.js. Close (or kill) Firefox first, and make a backup of this file.

find line 56:
    var argument_string = "&EmailAddress=" + accounts.login[accounts.current] + "&Password=" + accounts.password[accounts.current] + "&APIKey=" + this.key;

replace this by these two lines:
    var password_urlencoded = encodeURIComponent(accounts.password[accounts.current]);
    var argument_string = "&EmailAddress=" + accounts.login[accounts.current] + "&Password=" + password_urlencoded + "&APIKey=" + this.key;

Save, and restart Firefox. (Works for me clap.gif)

Hopefully the next version will include this patch.
    Jav

• Options
    edited November 22, 2008
    SmugManager for Google Chrome?
    Seems to be a good place to ask this question to Jav. (Couldn't find a reference anywhere else.) bowdown.gif What are the possibilities of a SmugManager plugin for Google chrome?thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2008
    xris wrote:
    Seems to be a good place to ask this question to Jav. (Couldn't find a reference anywhere else.) bowdown.gif What are the possibilities of a SmugManager plugin for Google chrome?thumb.gif

Xris,

I don't have much development time these days, but I'll try giving it a quick look in the future.

Jav
    Jav

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    This thread has been popping up a bit, and every time it does I think to myself "Man, I love that plug-in." I thought maybe I should just say it out loud. I use it all the time. I Love it. Thank you. clap.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited November 23, 2008
    Xris,

I don't have much development time these days, but I'll try giving it a quick look in the future.

Jav
    What more can a guy ask for?

BTW: I love it tooclap.gif
    thumb.gif
    X www.thepicturetaker.ca
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 22, 2010
    Ff 3.6?
    I did a maybe dumb thing and updated to FF 3.6, and SmugManager disappeared, and I can't get it back via add-ons. Please is it possible to get it installed again? Or must I revert to a prior version of FF? I can't actually remember which version I had before, so would appreciate knowing what that needs to be if necessary. Thanks.

--EDIT - Whew, back to 3.5.7, until there is notice that 3.6 will work... :)
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2010
    I've made SmugBrowser and SmugManager compatible with Firefox 3.6 (at least, it will attempt to work. No guarantee/warranty is given that it will work well or correctly).

You can download BOTH plugins here: http://www.smugschool.com/SmugMug_FF36.zip

Unpack them, then just drag them into a firefox window and it'll install. Upgrade to 3.6, and notice that it works :)

Hope this helps!

David
  • Options
    edited January 28, 2010
    ChancyRat wrote:
    I did a maybe dumb thing and updated to FF 3.6, and SmugManager disappeared, and I can't get it back via add-ons. Please is it possible to get it installed again? Or must I revert to a prior version of FF? I can't actually remember which version I had before, so would appreciate knowing what that needs to be if necessary. Thanks.

--EDIT - Whew, back to 3.5.7, until there is notice that 3.6 will work... :)

I've updated the Mozilla Addon website to support the latest FF version. Should take a few hours to show up.

v/r

Jav
    Jav

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2010
    I've updated the Mozilla Addon website to support the latest FF version. Should take a few hours to show up.

v/r

Jav

Thank you so much. I was really missing my smugmanager!
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
    edited January 29, 2010

v/r

Jav

Thanks. It's kind of funny that I don't want to go to a new version of FF unless SMUGMANAGER is there too. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2010
    ChancyRat wrote:
    Thanks. It's kind of funny that I don't want to go to a new version of FF unless SMUGMANAGER is there too. iloveyou.gif

I'm feeling the love.
    Jav