New Dgrin Style - "Midnight"

2»

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    RogersDA wrote:
    No go on that.
    Sorry, it's working fine in IE6 here. Check to see that you have truly emptied all your cache (temporary internet files). If y ou aren't getting the proper image, then you've got something else going on that's blocking it.
  • Options
    bauermanbauerman Registered Users Posts: 452 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Midnight
    Midnight is probably one of the classiest looking themes I have ever seen on a Vbulletin type forum - and I have been a member of a lot of them!

Well done - its now my default for sure.
    Perhaps the greatest social service that can be rendered by anybody to this country and to mankind is to bring up a family. - George Bernard Shaw
  • Options
    PoindexterPoindexter Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    bauerman wrote:
    Midnight is probably one of the classiest looking themes I have ever seen on a Vbulletin type forum - and I have been a member of a lot of them!

I agree 100% - nicely done thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2007
    bauerman wrote:

Poindexter wrote:
    I agree 100% - nicely done thumb.gif

w00t glad you like it thumb.gif

I'm trying to add a couple more today naughty.gif
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 15, 2007
    One minor detail....the voting seems a bit too relaxed. I think maybe there should be a minimum number of votes before a rating show us (pretty sure the software can do this). As is you can vote your thread 5 stars and it shows up that way with only your vote. Kinda silly IMHO.
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Andy is any of these theme updates related to the post counts not getting updated any longer? Doesnt seem to be related to any one theme, they all seem to not show post counts updating
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    cmason wrote:
    Andy is any of these theme updates related to the post counts not getting updated any longer? Doesnt seem to be related to any one theme, they all seem to not show post counts updating

? Can you be more specific?
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2007
    truth wrote:
    One minor detail....the voting seems a bit too relaxed. I think maybe there should be a minimum number of votes before a rating show us (pretty sure the software can do this). As is you can vote your thread 5 stars and it shows up that way with only your vote. Kinda silly IMHO.
    And then the next guy can vote it down....

Hm. Well, I can change it, sure. What's the right number of thread rating votes before the rating should be displayed?
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    ? Can you be more specific?

Well go figure...I write that, and it seems to be fixed. All day yesterday and this morning, my post count was stuck at 644...now it seems fine...
  • Options
    Shay StephensShay Stephens Registered Users Posts: 3,165 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    And then the next guy can vote it down....

Hm. Well, I can change it, sure. What's the right number of thread rating votes before the rating should be displayed?

I would say three would be a good practical minimum. If three people think the thread is worthy of a rating, I would like to know that. But if only one person...meh. I have been duped by the rating before, and generally ignore it now as not being a very accurate indicator.
    Creator of Dgrin's "Last Photographer Standing" contest
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 15, 2007
    3 sounds about right. 5 might be too high as to prevent any ratings since I'm not too sure about how often people even use the function. Just so that the author can't stick it with a 5 star rating with nly his or her own vote. Much like voting for your own image in a challenge. :D
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2007
    truth wrote:
    3 sounds about right. 5 might be too high as to prevent any ratings since I'm not too sure about how often people even use the function. Just so that the author can't stick it with a 5 star rating with nly his or her own vote. Much like voting for your own image in a challenge. :D

It might get used more if the results were more meaningful.
    "Failure is feedback. And feedback is the breakfast of champions." - fortune cookie
  • Options
    edited March 15, 2007
    truth wrote:
    Changed, fixed.
  • Options
    BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Al, shift-refresh, The logo's fine in FF.

If that doesn't work, try the diagnostics here:
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=288184

ha got the stripey-headed Gus and the clown-headed Gus together on the same picture bar
  • Options
    edited March 16, 2007
    BigAl wrote:
    Thanks Andy, shift-refresh did the trick.

ha got the stripey-headed Gus and the clown-headed Gus together on the same picture bar
    If you get 3x Gus across, you get a free bowl of Kava thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2007
    I have one observation about the midnight style. The only thing causing me trouble is the little icon for jumping to the newest post in a thread. It is so tiny I keep missing and have to try over to get in just the right spot. If the active area were sqaure (add height top and bottom) it would probably do the trick.
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2007
    I have one observation about the midnight style. The only thing causing me trouble is the little icon for jumping to the newest post in a thread. It is so tiny I keep missing and have to try over to get in just the right spot. If the active area were sqaure (add height top and bottom) it would probably do the trick.
    The little right-facing arrow here, next to your name? If yes, well - it's actually bigger her than in the default style.. but...
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    The little right-facing arrow here, next to your name? If yes, well - it's actually bigger her than in the default style.. but...
    The link area I am talking about is bordered in red:

midnight-sample.png

The links are in the page:
    http://www.dgrin.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

It is so small that hitting it with the mouse takes more concentration than threading a needle mwink.gif
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2007
    The link area I am talking about is bordered in red:

midnight-sample.png

The links are in the page:
    http://www.dgrin.com/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription&folderid=all

It is so small that hitting it with the mouse takes more concentration than threading a needle mwink.gif

The link area is larger than that for me.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:

Interesting. In FF I'm seeing pretty much what you are. In Safari, I'm getting a larger link area.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Hmm? I am using Firefox 2 in linux. Maybe it is a browser thing?

Ahh I see your second post about safari.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    It is so tiny I keep missing and have to try over to get in just the right spot.
    This is no place for dicussing your personal issues. Keep it professional, please.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited March 17, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    This is no place for dicussing your personal issues. Keep it professional, please.

My horror is now complete! You could call it the perfect storm of shame hehehe
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2007
    My horror is now complete! You could call it the perfect storm of shame hehehe
    lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au