Options

Lightbox customisation

ShinryaShinrya Registered Users Posts: 197 Major grins
edited August 7, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
Hi chaps!

Hopefully someone can help me with this little tweak (or tell me off for not searching though the current treads)

I'm trying to adjust where my image title and subtitle appear when an image is viewed in the lightbox.
At present they are in the default lower left hand corner, and rather annoyingly are always cut off requiring a mouse hover to bring both lines of text into view. I'm really hoping to fix that.

nnqets.jpg

Current View
2zqh05c.jpg

What I was hoping to change, was to do away with the mouse hovering and realign the text to the centre just underneath the image, like the mockup below. Does anyone know if this is possible?

282dyq9.jpg

Comments

• Options
    bnickesonbnickeson Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited August 6, 2014
    Sherlock Photography has a good customization for that here: http://www.sherlockphotography.org/Customisations/Lightbox-captions

That will at least get rid of the hover.

This code below can be added to center everything. I can't remember where I got it otherwise I'd give them credit for it. This is all to be added in the theme's CSS by going Customize > Customize Site > Theme > Click the little wrench next to the Active Theme > Advanced Tab > Custom CSS. You can see what this CSS does by clicking on my site in my signature. It's certainly not perfect since the buttons on the right are within the same block as the title and caption for whatever reason, but it'll get you part way there.
    /* Centre the caption underneath the photo */
    	.sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-basic .sm-lightbox-ft-center .sm-lightbox-info {
    		margin-right:0;
    	}
    	.sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-basic .sm-lightbox-ft-center .sm-lightbox-info > div, 
    	.sm-user-ui .sm-lightbox-basic .sm-lightbox-ft-center .sm-lightbox-info > p {
    		margin-left:auto;
    		margin-right:auto;
    	}
    /* Code to center text in lightbox */
    .sm-lightbox-title {
      text-align: center;
    }
    .sm-lightbox-caption {
      text-align: center;
    }

• Options
    edited August 6, 2014
    Awesome! That looks like what I need. I'll have a play around.

Thanks!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2014
    Shinrya wrote: »
    Just a heads up, I get this weird thing happening.
    Using Firefox v31 and viewing a photo in lightbox, every 4 to 14 seconds the photo flashes.
    These are the photos on your homepage under the slideshow. Doesn't happen in IEv11.

Most times it's about 4 sec. and some at 8 & 12. Multiples of 4? Might be synced with slideshow?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2014
    Thanks for letting me know. I'll download FF and check it out on osx and windows.
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2014
    See this post for video of this happening in real time.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1963941&postcount=2
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options
    edited August 7, 2014
    It's very odd, but obviously related to the slideshow on the main page. You're right, it only blinks in FF, not chrome or safari or on mobile, so I can live with it.