Options

Removing default SM grey background from transparent images

ChancyRatChancyRat Registered Users Posts: 2,141 Major grins
edited July 13, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
On most of my site which is set to SM gallery style, I don't see the default grey SM background on transparent images. (I think the code for that is in the main CSS.)

On this gallery, which is set to collage landscape, how do I remove it?
http://www.joinrats.com/Ratart/n-r4shp/

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 13, 2014
    Maybe I should add that I want the background to default to the custom background image I have on that page.
  • Options
    basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2014
    Not sure , but i think its the used file-type , rather then CSS

Try to use .GIF , for i know that will keep transparency and is supported by SmugMug

PNG may work too, but it must be saved with the transparency-info in it
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2014
    basflt wrote: »
    Not sure , but i think its the used file-type , rather then CSS

Try to use .GIF , for i know that will keep transparency and is supported by SmugMug

PNG may work too, but it must be saved with the transparency-info in it

Thanks. I was right in the middle of fixing the bg image, which is now png with transparency, and the problem grey remains. I *think* I have to hide it with CSS, but I don't know for sure.
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2014
    Well, er, fixed. By switching to collage portrait, because I didn't like how small some of the collage landscape images were.

I wonder why it's working in one but not the other gallery style... headscratch.gif
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2014
    Another odd behavior re spacing
    Has anyone got the logic of how to control for image sizes in either collage portrait or landscape portrait?

I thought landscape would allow me to maximize image size, but instead I got lots of tiny sizes (rows varying).

On portrait, which I'm using now, the spacing is set to 12 px, which - and I love this - has put one image per row, maximizing size, much larger than landscape does. (And I have the photo size set to 2x on portrait, and I think 3x was the option on landscape, but portrait still far exceeds landscape.)

When I tweaked portrait to 36 px spacing, the whole thing collapsed and I got 3-4 images on one row, all very small.

The page is set to stretchy with body width auto-px.

While I'm asking, is there a way to tell what gallery style one has set a custom gallery to?
    I don't see any indicator such as changed color or highlight when I click the settings for gallery style, on either the main block on the page or, in published mode, at the top list of styles.

Edit: gallery in question: http://www.joinrats.com/Ratart/n-r4shp/
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2014
    And another weird behavior: In the gallery right now the settings are to max 3x.
    Yet when I click into lightbox mode, I see original size is an option.
    I am logged out when I see this.
    This is not right - right?
  • Options
    edited July 13, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    And another weird behavior: In the gallery right now the settings are to max 3x.
    Yet when I click into lightbox mode, I see original size is an option.
    I am logged out when I see this.
    This is not right - right?

I'll bet I know why - some of the images are collected, and they are pulling the image size from the original gallery. Is that normal/fixable, to limit the size when collected to a gallery?
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,240 moderator
    edited July 13, 2014
    ChancyRat wrote: »
    I'll bet I know why - some of the images are collected, and they are pulling the image size from the original gallery. Is that normal/fixable, to limit the size when collected to a gallery?
    As far as I know a collected gallery always abides by the rules set for the source gallery.

--- Denise