Options

smart galleries

J AllenJ Allen Registered Users Posts: 359 Major grins
edited August 25, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Are the smart galleries broken today?

I have a gallery that is unlisted
Pull's photos in with a keyword "homepage", which populates my homepage.
Gallery has external links on. It is not private.
It was working yesterday, now I can only see photo's on homepage if in logged in.
It only shows 3 photo's when I'm logged out. :bluduh

It looks like your not allowing the display of any photo's from an unlisted gallery anymore...The three photo's that are showing are in a public gallery.
Here is my keyword gallery...shows 3 photo's when I'm logged out....shows around 30 photo's when I'm logged in.
-Joe Allen
My Smugmug Site

Comments

• Options
    edited August 24, 2013
    Any help on this...to display photo's on the homepage, do they have to be from a public gallery....
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2013
    J Allen wrote: »
    Any help on this...to display photo's on the homepage, do they have to be from a public gallery....
    Is your smart gallery configured to allow photos from an unlisted gallery? If not, then the photos do have to be in a public gallery. If it is configured to allow photos from an unlisted gallery, then the source gallery can be either public or unlisted (but not private).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    jfriend wrote: »
    Is your smart gallery configured to allow photos from an unlisted gallery?

yes...it is configured to include photo's from unlisted and pass-worded galleries.

It has worked just fine until a couple of days ago, now I cant figure out an easy way to display on the front page. The only way I can think of is to upload duplicates into a gallery, and set that gallery to display on the front page. Because it will not display photo's from a smart gallery that pulls from pass-worded galleries.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2013
    Got a reply from Smugmug help on this issue, they said it's a bug and are working on it:

you are correct that at the moment photos collected from passworded galleries are not showing. Our engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a solution. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    -Joe Allen
    My Smugmug Site