Options

Any chance we can get a non-pretty version of pricelists?

JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
edited February 12, 2012 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I'll be honest, the Pricelists interface, annoys the hell out of me. I hate the expanding arrows, the plus signs to expand.. it's just.. a pain in the ass to do anything quickly without having to expand arrows and then do what you want.

Not sure why when price lists were implemented you had to change from the old interface. The new one is a plain old pain in the ass. While a nice concept, the interface sucks. Maybe it's just me and my old developer ways, but I'd much prefer an option, pretty flash or good old list (obviously I'd be much happier with the list..)

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    Hi Jim,
    Thanks for your valuable feedback. I've passed it on and personally I'd like to see an "expand all" button as well.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited January 11, 2012
    Hi Jim,
    Thanks for your valuable feedback. I've passed it on and personally I'd like to see an "expand all" button as well.

Expand all would help.. But I'd love to see Flash, or HTML5, whatever interface that is, DROPPED completely.
  • Options
    edited January 11, 2012
    Jim,
    I just found out that you can click on 'product' in a category to expand all print sizes:
    https://img.skitch.com/20120111-dcqs1wh1exds2dcqtq4tamx6de.jpg

It's no Flash - should be all html and javascript.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited January 11, 2012
    Jim,
    I just found out that you can click on 'product' in a category to expand all print sizes:
    https://img.skitch.com/20120111-dcqs1wh1exds2dcqtq4tamx6de.jpg

It's no Flash - should be all html and javascript.
    that entire bar is clickable, as I noted when I replied to Jim on 23 Dec

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1716203&postcount=130
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2012
    My biggest pet peeve with the interface is that the profit gets highlighted when you click to edit it. Since we have to play around with numbers quite a lot to get the desired final price, it would be nice if we could quickly edit just the 2nd or 3rd decimal. Instead I have to constantly retype the entire profit field. Lots of opportunity for human error and annoyance.

I liked the idea of price lists when smugmug first mentioned the idea a while back... But like most new features at smugmug, I think the implementation could be a lot better. Not holding my breath for changes... Still waiti.g for coupons and packages to get finished.

Dave
  • Options
    morepics2morepics2 Registered Users Posts: 18 Big grins
    edited January 26, 2012
    This is crazy we need to set price not profit!
    All my brochures and flyers list print price this is a royal pain messing around with the profit percent to get a final Price this new system is horrible can I go back to the original version.

You must allow us to set final price and let profit be automated.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2012
    morepics2 wrote: »
    All my brochures and flyers list print price this is a royal pain messing around with the profit percent to get a final Price this new system is horrible can I go back to the original version.

You must allow us to set final price and let profit be automated.
    I'm sorry, but the pricelists system only allows you to price by profit. If you wanted, we could change you temporarily back to the classic pricing tool. That would give you until the end of February to familiarize yourself with the new pricelists tool until we migrate all remaining accounts over to pricelists.
    If you'd like to be set back, write us at the helpdesk:
    http://help.smugmug.com/
    Just note that any changes you've done with pricelists since migrating from the classic pricing tool would be lost.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    psycchic1psycchic1 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 12, 2012
    Hi Jim,

"Expand All" would be great as well! In addition to an easy way to export and print price lists!!! I want to be able to have a paper or offline copy to reference...

Thanks!
    Lisa Langell
    LangellPhotography.com
    Honorable Mention (2010) National Wildlife Federation
    "Photographing the world isn't simply documenting that you saw it...
    ...it's capturing how you experienced it!"