Options

Show us your mug! Introduce yourself here.

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    My Mug, of many by ginger
    I tell people that I am always with me, so I make a handy "model" in a pinch. Sure helps with the boredom factor. A couple favorites. With all these assignments I have not had as much "boredom" lately, went straight to extreme stress, or as a friend said, "wound too tight". So no self portraits, or not many, may take some this afternoon, may take my camera to the beach, but it will be too early for nice color.............. anyway, a couple faves...

This is 3 or 4 AM a year or so ago. I just stay up and do my photos. I like being alone at that time of day, but eventually I kind of collapse and look like this.

5506163-S.jpg

And this is a beach shot, or returning from the beach after taking the dogs and husband at dawn................ need to do it again soon, this was a while back. Depressing that I had gotten to a good weight.......

5506496-M.jpg

More recently I was getting a haircut. Andy, you see in that picture above this type, the angle of the face. For someone in their sixties, no face lift (no make up), the angle kind of smooths out the jaw line which is just terrible at my age (never take it from the side as a candid), and the head tilt does about as much as shooting from above does.

This is straight on, see the jowls. I wanted to make sure I could show her how she had cut my hair that time. This is more recent. Actually my avatar is most recent. I have others from that day, and I notice that the ones I like the camera is being held, by me, up above me. The avatar I use, I just like the messy hair. I have long ago gotten bored with regular composition and stuff.

5507055-S.jpg

This is just about a month ago, but it is flattering, believe me it is, and I don't know why. But I do love the breezes near the water in SC, this is the same time as the avatar. I got some good photos that day. And heard some good music. I am standing on a long dock, the place where the music is, it is to my left. (The dog chewed my other glasses, they are "repaired" except for some teeth marks on the lens, so I am waiting to see if I can see anyway with them on.)

5506155-S.jpg

This is last October. It was taken by my grown daughter, near the DC area, I went for a visit with Sara and family. I also picked up a new puppy, Merry Chapel. Sara took this picture. See ya all later, g

5507729-S.jpg
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    I reckon I'd vote for these two. I like the camera shot a lot, except that your one eye doesn't look very friendly, it's kinda intense. First one's very friendly, and is what I imagine you to be like.

5479587-S.jpg
    5475641-S.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2004
    My pick for Andy
    andy wrote:
    help me pick one? hard to judge myself :puke1

i had the pleasure of being the subject for a change. my friend daniel chui spent an hour trying to break his camera by photographing me in nyc last
    week....

This is my favorite, after going back to get impressions. I like the space to the left, where the wall angles, I like your expression, and you still look thin.
    g

5479587-S.jpg

Andy, on the one below here, you are looking to my left, and there is all that blank space over to the right. Now if you were looking that way, but you aren't.

5475551-S.jpg

This is a classis photographer pose, but it doesn't show "you", sure shows the camera and who made it. It does look official, though. Nothing off in the composition. Makes you look "for real". I might put that on my business cards, or such, for CEO types, lol.

5475641-S.jpg

I like the top one. It does make you look younger than, say, the bottom one, so it really depends on the message you are trying to put across. g
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:

5506155-S.jpg

hubba hubba iloveyou.gifiloveyou.gifiloveyou.gif
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2004
    Did you stop drinking after your Chinese "white lightning" experience? Haha...
    Humungus wrote:
    I dont drink & the photograph can't show that the other 3 have consumed several bottles of 'rough red' & a few stubbies & were getting quite pissy. I had to balance the camera on my bike helmet & they were laughing at me as all the shots were on an angle.

Im always the 1st target when they start getting pissed & i am still a target for their amusement several hours later.
  • Options
    edited June 27, 2004
    waxy, at least ya dint say "skeery"
    wxwax wrote:
    I reckon I'd vote for these two. I like the camera shot a lot, except that your one eye doesn't look very friendly, it's kinda intense. First one's very friendly, and is what I imagine you to be like.

5475641-S.jpg

hehheeheh
  • Options
    DewrGleisionDewrGleision Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited July 1, 2004
    Heh.. you think that's funny? Take a gander at this one (shot with the Sony Mavica of 199X, pre-megapixel vintage)! Rarely have I ever looked like such a goof..

[img]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAN/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/moz-screenshot.jpg[/img]
    Attached Images attachment.php?attachmentid=1018&stc=1
    I think I totally messed that attempt to quote someone up, but anyway......
    DAMN seamaiden!!! Are you Dian Keaton's sister or something?!?!?!
    And you said you were latin! You look pretty caucasion to me (key operative word: pretty)! What are you doing spending all your time online posting around forums about aquariums and photography and stuff?! Thats a good looking mug! (Hey, nobody wants to see my mug, so I speak from experience!)
    What were you doing in this pic?!
    He who throws dirt, loses ground...
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,911 moderator
    edited July 2, 2004
    Andy,

I'm gonna buck the trend and say the street shot is more representative of
    who you are as a photographer. I might be wrong but that one seems more
    natural to me.

I gave it a quick crop. Sort of an idea for making it your own.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2004
    New Self-Portrait
    So while shooting for the reflections challenge I came up with:

1532refl.jpg
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    its really cool to look through this after reading all your comments, and seeing your photographs.... will get back to ya with mine....
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    Did this the other day for friends compaining that I never have any pictures of myself. Real easy to just step into an already setup shot ;)
    9880674-L.jpg
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2004
    me.....
    9697000-M.jpg

and here's one of me and my best friend (taken by a friend of mine on his mini camera and enhanced in photoshop).....

10166836-M.jpg
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2004
    Self Portraits - Show us ya' mug
    I could hardly find my way to the end of the old thread on self portraits, so i thought i would bite the bullet and start a new one!. (is this ok dgrin protocol?)

perhaps all the 'newbies' could post their mugs here?

If the oldies have some more updated mug shots, feel free.....

anyway, here's me. 'shopped' almost to beyond recognition to something that i am vaguely satisfied with ..... headscratch.gif
    (self portraits are a nightmare! - comments/ideas/examples on how to improve (other than getting a new subject!) would be appreciated:D )

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    mynakedsodamynakedsoda Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    Me holding the camera in the reflection.
    8597300-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2004
    these are great photos... its good to put a face to the name

Me
  • Options
    edited October 23, 2004
    sure it's okay, happysnapper!
    it is hard sometimes when the threads get a bit long ...

here's one taken by good friend harry behret:

10239093-L.jpg
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    Here is the kittie
    My husband and me visiting Belgium, my boys still live there. I moved to UK two years ago to marry my american husband.
    It is taken in a mirror, has a bit of shake, and I still had the minolta dimage 7I back then...
    This is a nice thread. Aussiekate, you look so young and ravishing...
    And look at you Andy, quit a gentleman in New York... (why do I think it is NY?)
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    This is the only self portrait I have.
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    Only self portrait
    Cool dude!!!!
    Great portret Sam. Since it is the same one as in your avatar I think you adapt skies and back and fore grounds?
    But very nice.
    How do people take selfportraits? I mean without a mirror? Tripods?
    Timers? Reflections?
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Aussiekate, you look so young and ravishing...
    Ahh - the miracles of photoshop! (thank you though!)

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    The tmlphoto gang
    Here is a shot of me and my clan. Y'all may recognize some of the kids. They tend to be my "test" models. This was my first attempt at a beach family portrait. Pretty tough to set up with all those kids :D . This is actually a composite of two photos because I couldn't get one with the whole gang actually looking at the camera.

"The Gang"
    10272025-L.jpg
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    Here is a shot of me and my clan. Y'all may recognize some of the kids. They tend to be my "test" models. This was my first attempt at a beach family portrait. Pretty tough to set up with all those kids :D . This is actually a composite of two photos because I couldn't get one with the whole gang actually looking at the camera.

"The Gang"
    10272025-S.jpg
    I suppose that there are technical things I should not like here.. But I really do like this shot.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    I am impressed. I do self portraits all the time, sometimes for challenges even, but most, except for the challenge are pretty dull compared to these.

Thomas, I love yours. First off, I love the "all white" thing. The composite works.

I haven't actually done a self portrait lately, will have to look, but the thing is you all are getting creative and professional...........geez.

g

I did this on the fourth of July this year. I haven't done any photoshop on it at all............ but kind of interesting.

10276305-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    Me (24/10/2004 5.30pm)
    Yvette
  • Options
    JesmolJesmol Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    This photo is of me and my wife Lynne, on a recent trip to New Zealand, where I went crazy with the two camera. Used about 15 rolls of 36 shots in 10 days, plus 3x256Mb cards on the digital.:D
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    A bad hair day, but accurate enough, I suppose.

newman.jpg

lol3.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

newman.jpg

lol3.gif
    You sure look familar........................Starbucks maybe?
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    photocat wrote:
    Cool dude!!!!
    Great portret Sam. Since it is the same one as in your avatar I think you adapt skies and back and fore grounds?
    But very nice.
    How do people take selfportraits? I mean without a mirror? Tripods?
    Timers? Reflections?
    Thanks,

The background is a NASA photo. I seemed to have misplaced my 10 to 10000 power lens. :D

I think most camers have a timer, and you could set the camera on a table. Place an object where you think your head wil be and focus on that. Then it's a matter of trial and error. Press button, run in front of camres, smile, check photo, repeat.

Sam
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    Last weekend, Put my camera down for 5 Mins!
    10300742-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    You are doing this on purpose, I will have to rethink this........
    rolleyes1.gif
    wxwax wrote:

newman.jpg

Sid, I am in love with you,

anon

Good gosh, the darn thing said my message is too short, what does it want?
    Pillow talk? :roll

Oh, yeah: iloveyou.gif

lol3.gif