Options

jacksonville time lapse

chrismoorechrismoore Registered Users Posts: 1,083 Major grins
edited August 3, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
With my wife and baby out of town, I have a little free time... shot this time lapse from atop the Acosta Bridge in Jacksonville. 350 shots taken every 25 seconds over three hours. Used a programmable release. I compiled a montage photo from six representative images. Movie compiled using Quicktime Pro 7.6.2.

608920930_Y3HGy-L.jpg

<object width="425" height="348"><param name="movie" value="http://www.chrismooreimages.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf&quot; /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9NjA4OTQ5NTc4Jms9ZUJoZjQmYT04MTQyODI2X3hTOWt4JnU9Y2hyaXNtb29yZWltYWdlcw==" /><embed src="http://www.chrismooreimages.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008120101.swf&quot; flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9NjA4OTQ5NTc4Jms9ZUJoZjQmYT04MTQyODI2X3hTOWt4JnU9Y2hyaXNtb29yZWltYWdlcw==" width="425" height="348" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Comments

• Options
    CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Excellent idea and well done.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Options
    Miguel DelinquentoMiguel Delinquento Registered Users Posts: 904 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Very cool
    Love it. Thanks for the video.

That's what vacations are all about (you are getting one too)

M
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Great idea, solid execution! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    What a cool idea and very well done! Never seen anything quite like that montage shot. Fantastic!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    Howdy Chris,

WOWSER, I don't think I've seen anything like this, very Cool and very nicely
    presented.

Great Work!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 2, 2009
    chrismoore wrote:
    With my wife and baby out of town, I have a little free time... shot this time lapse from atop the Acosta Bridge in Jacksonville. 350 shots taken every 25 seconds over three hours. Used a programmable release. I compiled a montage photo from six representative images. Movie compiled using Quicktime Pro 7.6.2.

Chris what a cool shot :ivar clap.gif I've never seen anyone post a shot like this before either.

Certainly is different, did you start as close to the sun beginning to set as you could with your time sequence?

The time lapse film clip is really cool, love the way the clouds sweep through.

You sure do interesting work Chris, thanks for sharing with us thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Jazmyn76Jazmyn76 Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    I love it! What a great capture series of my town landscape! Thank you for sharing it (and hope you had a great time here)! clap.gif
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif love your montage... thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Very cool idea. Wonderful final representation. I like how the panels have the three-dimensional feel to them.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    Thanks for all your kind comments and for taking a look.
  • Options
    UmmmHowsThatUmmmHowsThat Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Cool stuff. It's movie-esque.

thumb.gif
    -Bryan

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    Did you end up hanging near your camera all day, or paying for a security guard or have some sort of lock box such that the camera just sat there all day taking pictures and no one walked off with it? Or is Jacksonville just that nice of a city?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Did you end up hanging near your camera all day, or paying for a security guard or have some sort of lock box such that the camera just sat there all day taking pictures and no one walked off with it? Or is Jacksonville just that nice of a city?

It was a 3 hr lapse so I just stayed with the camera- that spot is on a jogging path on the side of a bridge. I just set the intervalometer, sat down with a drink and my laptop. Time flew by!
  • Options
    bhoglebhogle Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 3, 2009
    I like the still frame montage. The colors are fantastic and show good, creative variety. I love the shadows on the left side of each panel.