Options

Bent Prints

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited January 30, 2009 in SmugMug Support
I had hoped to deliver prints today to the mother of a high school senior. Instead, I had to re-order because the prints(8 x 10s) were bent in shipping. I know that EZ-prints did not bend them....or smugmug.....but it would be nice if the packaging were a little more protective of whats inside.

I wouldn't have a problem ordering "boutique packaging" (such as that offered by Mpix:thumb )...and paying the difference in shipping....if it were an option. As it is, I am paying around $17 extra on this order to get replacements and expedited shipping on them....and crossing my fingers they wont be bent as well.

Comments

• Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I had hoped to deliver prints today to the mother of a high school senior. Instead, I had to re-order because the prints(8 x 10s) were bent in shipping. I know that EZ-prints did not bend them....or smugmug.....but it would be nice if the packaging were a little more protective of whats inside.

I wouldn't have a problem ordering "boutique packaging" (such as that offered by Mpixthumb.gif )...and paying the difference in shipping....if it were an option. As it is, I am paying around $17 extra on this order to get replacements and expedited shipping on them....and crossing my fingers they wont be bent as well.
    You should have emailed Smugmug immediately. They would have reordered for you, and rushed the shipping if appropriate. That's why you pay them to handle the printing/fulfillment for you!

David
  • Options
    zacHer0zacHer0 Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Jeff,

Email our help desk and explain the situation. You don't have to pay for these reprints, you are covered under our guarantee. Sorry about your bent prints, that really stinks.

http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg

Also Jeff you should consider using Bay Photo (if you have a pro account). They carefully flat pack orders and very rarely will there be any damage (no matter what mr. post man does :D ).

http://www.smugmug.com/help/choice-of-printing-labs
    Zac Williams
    Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    DrDavid wrote:
    You should have emailed Smugmug immediately. They would have reordered for you, and rushed the shipping if appropriate. That's why you pay them to handle the printing/fulfillment for you!

David

I think I will email them. It can be their choice to credit my account or not.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
    Our new pro lab has much sturdier packaging, so this won't happen.

Boutique packaging - yeah that's coming too :D
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    "Their" is 'our' - ZacHer0 is a SmugMug Support Hero and he speaks the truth :)

He's also pretty well known to me lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    zacHer0 wrote:
    Jeff,

Email our help desk and explain the situation. You don't have to pay for these reprints, you are covered under our guarantee. Sorry about your bent prints, that really stinks.

http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg

Also Jeff you should consider using Bay Photo (if you have a pro account). They carefully flat pack orders and very rarely will there be any damage (no matter what mr. post man does :D ).

http://www.smugmug.com/help/choice-of-printing-labs

Thanks,

Email on the way.

I indeed did order the reprints using Bay Photo.....I wasn't aware it was an option when I ordered these last Sunday.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Is it order #874404? All of the prints or some? If only some, which ones, exactly? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Our new pro lab has much sturdier packaging, so this won't happen.

Boutique packaging - yeah that's coming too :D

Thats good to know.

I ordered a hardback book through MPix and got the boutique packaging on a whim. It is VERY nice....and also protective.

Thanks Andy....as always....you guys are typically fast to respond to any sort of problem.
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Is it order #874404? All of the prints or some? If only some, which ones, exactly? Thanks!

Yup...that's my order.

Just the two 8x10s.

Everything else was fine.

My new order is actually 3 -8x10s. The third I ordered not as a replacement, but rather as a good will token for not being able to supply the prints this weekend. Hope that isn't confusing.

Do I still need to email you guys?
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Yup...that's my order.

Just the two 8x10s.

Everything else was fine.

My new order is actually 3 -8x10s. The third I ordered not as a replacement, but rather as a good will token for not being able to supply the prints this weekend. Hope that isn't confusing.

Do I still need to email you guys?
    Wait - you already reordered? What is the order number?
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    Jeff - your first order was from EZP -- the new order was from Bay - even though the labs are different, I credited in FULL your 2nd order - I won't have a way of recouping the shipping costs, since the labs are different :(
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Jeff - your first order was from EZP -- the new order was from Bay - even though the labs are different, I credited in FULL your 2nd order - I won't have a way of recouping the shipping costs, since the labs are different :(

Yes.....the first order from EZP and 2nd from Bay. I was unaware that Bay was an option when I placed the first order....I think last Sunday...and wanted to give Bay a shot on the reprint. Sorry about that.

If you want, go back and charge me the shipping. I am okay with that for sure.

Either way, thanks for the speed of light replies and response.

For those of you in the future that are reading this and contemplating on using Smugmug...

-This is my second EVER print issue. The last was a color issue with black and white prints that were also replaced by Smugmug. That is two issues....4 actual prints....from 3 seperate files in the last year and a half. That might turn you off unless you realized that I have ordered a LOT of prints...probably 1500 to 2000 in quantity in the last 18 months...from wallet sized to a 20x24...from snapshots to wedding photographs. In that light, the odds of getting a bad print are very slim.

-And just in case there is a problem....look back through this post at the time each post was made to get an idea how fast SM responds. They were literally posting as I was responding.

Thanks Smugmug!!!thumb.gif
  • Options
    DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited January 30, 2009
  • Options
    edited January 30, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:

If you want, go back and charge me the shipping. I am okay with that for sure.

Bah - don't worry I'm glad it's all sorted :D