Options

I'm seeing a lot of "oauth_problem=nonce_used" replies in error (the nonce is unique)

Jeffrey FriedlJeffrey Friedl Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins

Code that I have not changed in years has suddenly started occasionally garnering "oauth_problem=nonce_used" replies from SmugMug, even though the nonce is absolutely unique. I can't imagine that it's anything other than a newly-introduced bug at SmugMug. How can I help investigate this?

Comments

• Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins

Hi Jeffrey,
    I'm sorry to hear that.
    Can you check that your code isn't suddenly set to automatically follow redirects without a new nonce getting generated?
    If that's not it and you still see this issue, could you send us a specific example of the full request and response you receive to our api contact email?

Thanks,
    Sebastian

Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options

Thanks, Sebastian, I've sent a note to the API contact address.

• Options

I should point out that I'm using _noredirect with all calls, as per an email from Erik Giberti in 2018.

• Options

SmugMug tells me that that they might have fixed this error recently... hopefully no one's encountering it anymore.

• Options
    tullmanntullmann Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins

The Lightroom plugin is still broken for me. AFAICT, nothing has changed in how Smugmug is responding to the API requests issued by the plugin. I can send another log to the api email if that would help. Or if there are additional tests I can try, please let me know.

My reproduction case is: Open Lightroom, pick a photo, right-click to Export, pick the "jf SmugMug" export. The plugin is not authenticated, so I click "Authenticate to Smugmug". This bounces through the browser correctly (and from the log completes the authentication process). Then I get a failure dialog from the plugin. The plugin's log shows {"Code":401,"Message":"oauth_problem=nonce_used"} in response to a request to fetch my album list.

From what I can tell, this is the same behavior as from the beginning of the month.